Thoughts on TBR 2011-2012?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamabsolute

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To any pre-meds who have taken the recent MCAT (2015-Present) I was wondering what you think of the TBR 2011-2012 Bio/OC/GC/Physics books? I would also appreciate your feedback on my plan below.

I really want the new TBR but they are all sold out. Is the 2011-2012 version sufficient? I plan to supplement with EK 9th ed and Khan Academy to make sure I don't miss anything. I really like the amount of passages in TBR, but I don't know if they are all still relevant. I'm aiming for as high of a score as possible (520+ would be amazing). If 2011-2012 is fine, my plan is as follows:

Bio
TBR core
Supplement Bio with EK9, supplement Biochem with Kaplan
For extra passages: EK1001 (2003) and TPR Science WB

Gen chem
TBR core
Supplement with EK9
Passages: EK1001 (2003), TPR Science WB

O chem
TBR core
Supplement with EK9 + Kaplan (if needed)

Physics
TBR core
Supplement with EK9

P/S
TPR + Khan Academy 300 page notes core
Supplement with Kaplan (for social psych)
Passages: NS content review

CARS
EK9 core
Passages: EK101 (2008), TPR hyperverbal, Testing Solutions

Other material
Khan academy passages/notes/videos
AK videos
AAMC all materials
Maybe TPR in class compendium (got it free)

FLs
AAMC x3 + AAMC (old) x9
TPR x3
KAP x3
TBR x2
GS x10

Anything I should avoid/not use? If TBR 2011-2012 isn't sufficient what would be? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

So far, I have found TBR to be super helpful at getting me to be more methodical and systematic when solving questions. That is where they are most helpful. They teach you how to take the test.

I assume you are joking about them being sold out, because I ordered mine and got them five days later.