1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Thoughts on TPR VR vs EK 101 vs Kaplan

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Twitch, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Twitch

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What would you say are the strengths / weaknesses of TPR VR vs EK 101 vs Kaplan VR material?

2. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I say practice material is practice material. You can never have too little.
    As for strategy, I dunno.

3. Will Ferrell

Will Ferrell Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

TPR & Kaplan questions are too detail-orientated. The real deal resembles EK more. The main idea is key.

4. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    EK and kaplan are good depending on your weaknesses.

kaplan has more academic passages which reflect the MCAT much better than EK's passages with really vary from interesting coffee table reading to the academic(perhaps more realstic sampling on the MCAT).

EK's questions are on par with the MCAT while kaplan's questions did not seem to match the feel of MCAT questions.

EK seemed to give solid indication of my MCAT capabilities overall. kaplan did as well but in a more stressful way. You need to be able to digest those FULL one page academic passages and kaplan has a lot of those.

If I had to choose one I'd go with EK. As I said both are good and one may be better for you if you know your weaknesses.