Thoughts on two year hybrid programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTAg17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to Baylor's new 2 year hybrid program. And I was wanting to get all your thoughts about the good and bad from a program delivered this way.
I'm worried that they aren't accredited yet, does anyone have any insight on the actual risk of attending an unaccredited program?

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently accepted to Baylor's new 2 year hybrid program. And I was wanting to get all your thoughts about the good and bad from a program delivered this way.
I'm worried that they aren't accredited yet, does anyone have any insight on the actual risk of attending an unaccredited program?

Do they have an NPTE pass rate provided yet?

The program was meant to address education costs but if you run the numbers tuition is equivalent to a three year private school so that is nonsense and deceptive.

I would inquire about graduation rate as well as the ability of students to be successfully placed in internships.

If it covers the same curriculum as three year, then you should be ready to devote everything towards passing school. Each semester is the equivalent of 20+ credits of undergrad coursework for two years of the didactic component. You are looking at more compression in this model, however, the hybrid nature may make learning work more efficiently due to double speed lecture. I'm not sure

Leadership who started the program do have good track records for the field. Also, these models will eventually be phased away given propositions of task forces from the future. For now, they are an experimentation as well as quick way to pump students out into the market

Last edited: