Thoughts on which practice exams to use (order wise)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTC0821

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I'll be purchasing a 5 pack of Altius exams soon; I already have the AAMC exams, and have taken a few Kaplan and TPR practice exams. I did 4 (3 Kaplan and 1 TPR) in the summer, and one AAMC (AAMC practice exam 2), decided to postpone when that was a 502 to take it this January. I feel much more confident about the material at this point and will be completing my 2nd and more thorough run-through of the content this week. Should I take one of the AAMC exams on Friday to gauge where AAMC thinks I have any issues since I still have 1,3, and the sample test, or should I take one of the Altius exams I will be getting soon and save those other 3 for January. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, so I'll be purchasing a 5 pack of Altius exams soon; I already have the AAMC exams, and have taken a few Kaplan and TPR practice exams. I did 4 (3 Kaplan and 1 TPR) in the summer, and one AAMC (AAMC practice exam 2), decided to postpone when that was a 502 to take it this January. I feel much more confident about the material at this point and will be completing my 2nd and more thorough run-through of the content this week. Should I take one of the AAMC exams on Friday to gauge where AAMC thinks I have any issues since I still have 1,3, and the sample test, or should I take one of the Altius exams I will be getting soon and save those other 3 for January. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Most people save the aamc for the last month leading to the exam. In your shoes i would take an aamc exam to see whete im at as tpr and kaplan are unrepresentative. I would save the aamc exam you completed over the summer as my last exam as it would not be very accurate as youve seen tge questions before.

Save the AAMC exams for last.

I used AAMC, TPR, Gold Standard, and Next Step.

Next Step exams most accurately predicted my score:

512 NS1
510 NS2
511 Actual MCAT

AAMC tests felt easier than the actual test:

AAMC 1: 516
AAMC 2: 513

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user