thoughts on Yale neurology

Started by pmdocs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Like many interviewees I've met recently, I'm starting to get really tired of the travel and expense of interviews- can anyone who visited yale give me their thoughts on the program and on new haven?

cushy, theoretical, basic, entitled
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would disagree that it is cushy, having just interviewed there. From what I gather, the residents have a workload along the lines of national average. Lots of international residents. PD seemed very cold, never smiled. It was obvious that I was being judged throughout my interview with him, and he didn't seem to interact well with the residents. Overall a very arrogant atmosphere with enormous emphasis on bench research.
 
The feeling I got from Yale is research intensive, but I did not find the PD cold at all. I actually liked him very much. I felt he was very courteous but also a straightlacer. I like that. I don't want butterballs upfront.