Thread for complaining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BloodySurgeon

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
blah blah blah, was sick all week, could not sleep last night now cramming anatomy... ok done, back to studying! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I hate my grades. I hate my location. I am jealous of my roommates giddy escapades with a new girlfriend. Ok, back to studying.

I miss my ex-boyfriend who broke up with me because I went far away to med school. And none of the boys in my class are cute. And I don't get out enough to meet non-med school people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I let my parents take my dog back to their house until I get home for Christmas and I miss her. All my sports teams keep losing. Blah blah blah.

I have a 4 hour test tomorrow...

Sh-- it's terrible! She has beautiful eyes, and her hair smells like cinnamon!

Another night sitting in a study room facing a dry erase board covered with crap that I won't remember will be the hammer that drives a stake through my vampire heart. Hissssssssssss!

I sleep like sh-t every night, wake up in a haze, and daydream all day.

Today I studied for 12 hours. After sitting there for 10 hours I studied a lecture on thrombosis... DVTs. For two hours I was studying how I am sure to die.

Also, I figured out the reason the images in our lectures are so old. The reason the images are all from the 70s is because the diseases are so rare they haven't been seen since then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone around me has their butt cheeks puckered up tight enough to whistle with. And will, without breaking stride, step over the bodies of their dead colleagues to kiss the butt of somebody in a position to move them ahead. Sometimes. Completely by accident. The wrong butt get's smooched.

And that's the real humiliating tragedy of it. That I'm just the same as the next schmuck in this rat race. And sooner or later. I will accidentally. Felatiate the wrong mf'er. And be just another c@cksucker with nothing to show for it.

Everyone around me has their butt cheeks puckered up tight enough to whistle with. And will, without breaking stride, step over the bodies of their dead colleagues to kiss the butt of somebody in a position to move them ahead. Sometimes. Completely by accident. The wrong butt get's smooched.

And that's the real humiliating tragedy of it. That I'm just the same as the next schmuck in this rat race. And sooner or later. I will accidentally. Felatiate the wrong mf'er. And be just another c@cksucker with nothing to show for it.

allow me to felatiate you with nothing to show for it, becuz this made my day
lol

w-wh--wha--what in the..?

aaaahahahahahaha. Except for maybe a pearl necklace.

Today I studied for 12 hours. After sitting there for 10 hours I studied a lecture on thrombosis... DVTs. For two hours I was studying how I am sure to die.

Also, I figured out the reason the images in our lectures are so old. The reason the images are all from the 70s is because the diseases are so rare they haven't been seen since then.

Haha YES. I am now painfully aware of the way I will die. What's sad is, you know they'll find another reason for it. "Oh she a had a fat embolus from the time she broke her toe". "Oh she had a DVT from that time she was on the plane for 9 hours". "Oh it was exacerbated by the birth control pill". BS. If I die of a DVT, it's medical education's fault. Although I hope my family can sue the makers of Yasmin, at least.

Bizarre and wonderful.

As for my complaint:

I'm sick of professors who teach with a monotone about the least interesting topic of all time. If I wanted to know about nutrition this badly, I would have become a nutritionist. And you can't spend 3 months teaching me the 200 drugs you give people who have cancer, heart disease et al and then tell me that it can all be explained by a lack of protein in their diet and those people just need a steak sandwich.

I'm sick of med students. It's always all med students, all the f'in time. The awkward kid, the gunner, the cocky bastard...I'm over it. Where are normal people?

I'm sick of non-studying commitments. No, I don't need art therapy. I don't have time to go to see that super famous speaker. Really I just need to sit and study.

I'm also sick of studying. So, so sick of studying. The only thing that gets me up in the morning is the knowledge that at least I'm not in anatomy anymore.

I'm sick of the little things. I don't want to go change the oil in my car. I'm in the South so the mechanic will treat me like I'm an idiot and overcharge me and I don't have any money. I don't want to clean my apartment. I don't want to put away my laundry. I want someone else to do this crap for me.

Sigh. The time between Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks is always the worst...

Today it starts. 6 exams + 6 comprehensive final exams in 15 days. Who the hell came up with that idea...

I'm sick of med students. It's always all med students, all the f'in time. The awkward kid, the gunner, the cocky bastard...I'm over it. Where are normal people?

I'm sick of non-studying commitments. No, I don't need art therapy. I don't have time to go to see that super famous speaker. Really I just need to sit and study.

I'm also sick of studying. So, so sick of studying. The only thing that gets me up in the morning is the knowledge that at least I'm not in anatomy anymore.

I'm sick of the little things. I don't want to go change the oil in my car. I'm in the South so the mechanic will treat me like I'm an idiot and overcharge me and I don't have any money. I don't want to clean my apartment. I don't want to put away my laundry. I want someone else to do this crap for me.

I feel much less lonely today after reading this. Really, it made my day.:thumbup:

I'm completely exhausted. My five year old cousin died of cancer the day after Thanksgiving and it's been incredibly draining and just plain terrible since then (and in the days leading up). I'm so impossibly behind in studying ... and feel guilty for being worried about it.

I show up for an OSCE today that I had little time to prepare for due to helping my family and attending my cousins viewing on Tuesday and funeral yesterday, only to find that they announced a pretty important change in testing procedure in class and did not send an email out about it. I am not a class goer in general so I missed it. The thing is, class is not mandatory and it really irritates me when professors do this passive aggressive crap where they don't inform the entire class, just those that show up. Seriously. If they are so upset about people not showing up make class freakin' mandatory. ugh. Ok. fin.

My grades are boring. I always get mid-high 80s and can never honor anything. I'm not upset because I could be doing much worse, it's just annoying because no matter how hard I study there are always those few questions I misunderstand that knock me out of the honors range.

I don't even care about getting grades back anymore because I already know what range I'll be in. Super safe pass but I'll never honor anything. Lame.

kbye.

I'm so sick of studying anatomy and going into lab with the god-awful smell of cadavers.

I'm also tired of being just...average. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of always scoring above the class average?

Sigh :(

I just hate my school, my location, people in my class, lack of social life.
I don't have any energy to finish the second year and I don't care.
I want my life back.

But the saddest thing that after loggin off this forum I will go on cramming for the next test and pretend like everything is ok.

My second Peds rotation messed up my lungs so much that I now have adult onset asthma. Now I'm on ob/gyn and have to run up and down stairs after my attending on the way to deliveries. I can't breathe and am afraid that I'm going to die of an asthma exacerbation in a stairwell one of these days, while my attending runs over my gasping body on his way to the l&dr.

I want my life back.

But the saddest thing that after loggin off this forum I will go on cramming for the next test and pretend like everything is ok.

:thumbup: Amen brotha. I was just thinkin the same thing.

Is it me or is second year a real life-sucker? I'm not sure why. First year I was so motivated, and time flew by. Now I seem to really be aware of all the hours I spend memorizing crap that I'm sure to forget, mixed with anxiety about needing to remember it/never learning it to begin with for the boards. It's getting harder and harder to cram this stuff down, too.

And, I'm lonely. Basically zero guys I vibe with in my class, and no hot girls. No time to meet "outsiders."

And lately I havn't had time to go to the gym. So now I'm fat, too :laugh:

My second Peds rotation messed up my lungs so much that I now have adult onset asthma. Now I'm on ob/gyn and have to run up and down stairs after my attending on the way to deliveries. I can't breathe and am afraid that I'm going to die of an asthma exacerbation in a stairwell one of these days, while my attending runs over my gasping body on his way to the l&dr.

...normally I'd say you're in safe hands with a doctor so close. Except, it's OB. You just never know what they might view as trying to avoid duty or evade a pimp sesh...you could end up dead and with a bad eval :smuggrin:

My grades are boring. I always get mid-high 80s and can never honor anything. I'm not upset because I could be doing much worse, it's just annoying because no matter how hard I study there are always those few questions I misunderstand that knock me out of the honors range.

I don't even care about getting grades back anymore because I already know what range I'll be in. Super safe pass but I'll never honor anything. Lame.

What always amazes me is despite those questions that come out of nowhere, are terribly written, and you could never get, no matter how much studying you did -- someone, somehow, will pull a 100%. C**ksuckers

:thumbup: Amen brotha. I was just thinkin the same thing.

Is it me or is second year a real life-sucker? I'm not sure why. First year I was so motivated, and time flew by. Now I seem to really be aware of all the hours I spend memorizing crap that I'm sure to forget, mixed with anxiety about needing to remember it/never learning it to begin with for the boards. It's getting harder and harder to cram this stuff down, too.

And, I'm lonely. Basically zero guys I vibe with in my class, and no hot girls. No time to meet "outsiders."

And lately I havn't had time to go to the gym. So now I'm fat, too :laugh:

**** man, this is so close to home it hurts. And SDN better be an answer choice on this path test monday...

I want my life back.

Amen brother. Amen. :thumbup::thumbup: (I can not wait to get out of this city. I absolutely can not WAIT.)

My school loves to give us tests. Lots and lots of tests. We had tests every week for 9 weeks--last week was the first week without a test, and now we're back to it. Three next week and one the week after that. I think scantrons are giving me PTSD. Winter break cannot come fast enough.

Walking out the hospital at 2:30: "so what are you going to do with your half day?". Since when is an 11 hour day a 'half' day?

Last edited:
I'm sick of never being content with the amount of studying I do... It's made me so discontent that I'm apathetic towards almost everything. Test coming up, and insanely lonely... but I can't spend time with others, I need to study. Oh well, such is the life of a med student.

kbye.

did it again today. ::sigh::

did it again today. ::sigh::

I do the exact same thing, almost every single time- you definitely aren't alone on that.

I'm well into exams... 5 down 7 to go... I've had a 48 hour week so far and it's only Tuesday (obviously, I'm counting Sunday)... Sorry guys... I guess I've had a lot of complaining to do recently :oops:. December 17th can't come soon enough.

I need to contribute after today-
During anatomy lab, one of my lab partners made a terrible cut and removed most of the muscle we were supposed to define. I tried to help him repair the damage when our professor walked over to the table. He yelled and made me feel like an idiot for "ruining the cadaver" and "not knowing that skinning a cadaver is not the same as de-muscling". While I was getting yelled at, the kid who actually screwed up stood by and let me take the fall.
Great day

Ugh, I have a week and a half left to go until break, and it is such a struggle to make myself study. My sleep schedule has gotten beyond f'd up where I go to sleep at like 4 am, wake up at noon and never really know what day it is. I refuse to go to class because I hate lecture, but I have nothing else to keep me on some sort of schedule especially when my motivation is so low. And it kills me that after the two weeks of break are up, all I have to look forward to is just starting back up and going pretty much nonstop until Step 1 in June...Blah.

During anatomy lab, one of my lab partners made a terrible cut and removed most of the muscle we were supposed to define. I tried to help him repair the damage when our professor walked over to the table. He yelled and made me feel like an idiot for "ruining the cadaver" and "not knowing that skinning a cadaver is not the same as de-muscling". While I was getting yelled at, the kid who actually screwed up stood by and let me take the fall.
Great day

Bang bang 

Great day

Stool pigeons, narcs, and wholesale sellouts. That's how we do it. It's how we professionalize. It's not good enough that we dance a perpetual jig for the amusement of our masters. We have to act like butt rape is our calling. Our solemn purpose. Let anyone know you lack enthusiasm for these professionalism contests and face being banished to Toledo for the next stint in your career.

Ok. For my brother's on the inside. It's not as bad as butt rape. But still. I wonder how people start looking it. Or is their capacity for acting superior to my own.

Uhmm, try other PhD students or arts students, they help u keep in touch with the world "out there" and aren't clingy. =P

I cannot stand it when certain residents force you to make a Faustian choice - you see something that looks abnormal on a CT scan, so you bring it to the attention of the resident. You tell the resident it looks abnormal, and precisely how, and she says, "Why do you think it looks like that?"

You f'ing b*tch, I just told you why I think it looks like that. I THINK IT'S ABNORMAL AND COULD SIGNIFY EDEMATOUS CHANGES.

So you keep your mouth shut even though you are concerned about your patient, or you say something and get **** on for reaching the wrong conclusion.

blah blah blah, I studied for 12 hours a day past 5 days, the only thing i look forward to when waking up is eating 4 meals and when I go to bed...so sad

blah blah blah. I said something really stupid and acted really stupidly too, and I can't help but dwell on it.

Also, have an anatomy final tomorrow.

Back to studying.

I had a crazy-painful surgery two weeks ago and had to spend the night in the hospital. I only started feeling normal again within the past few days. Yesterday I got a call from the doctor's office saying that I have to get the SAME surgery AGAIN.

Plus finals are tomorrow. FML

Blah blah blah, I want a love life. :( :love:
An awesomely awesome one at that, which is supportive, and in unison w/ my values and beliefs.

bla bla bla study all day and night, still probably below average in most of my classes....

Most days I wish I just had half a year off to do research and study for step 1 and not have to worry about grades and class rank.

Entropy is catching up to my room and filling it with stuff everywhere... too lazy to clean

I dont' cook much anymore... just eating string cheese today

When I see wrinkled pants and shirts, I'd almost rather throw them away than take the time to iron.

Really want some love too. :love:

I'm going to destroy the step 1 and put all this behind me.

-I also don't vibe with any of my classmates
-I hate hate HATE my location
-I'm in love for the first time...with someone that lives 5 hours away. He's the man of my dreams but I don't know if we'll ever make it. All odds are against us...
-I can't honor anything because I always score average or (usually) below average
-I'm gonna finish school with nearly $300k of debt.
-I enjoy seeing friends whenever I get the chance but only get depressed after seeing how much free-time normal people have on weeknights and weekends. Will I ever have a "life" again?