Thread for complaining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love my school, the city and my classmates, but I'm not meeting any cute boys..... blah. Back to studying.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
-I also don't vibe with any of my classmates
-I hate hate HATE my location
-I'm in love for the first time...with someone that lives 5 hours away. He's the man of my dreams but I don't know if we'll ever make it. All odds are against us...
-I can't honor anything because I always score average or (usually) below average
-I'm gonna finish school with nearly $300k of debt.
-I enjoy seeing friends whenever I get the chance but only get depressed after seeing how much free-time normal people have on weeknights and weekends. Will I ever have a "life" again?

I know how that feels! So I can sympathise with you. But here's hoping it gets better once we're on the wards. :) We'll be surrounded by more mature people hopefully. haah.

I know how that feels! So I can sympathise with you. But here's hoping it gets better once we're on the wards. :) We'll be surrounded by more mature people hopefully. haah.

lol

- MS2 here dying under a huge workload
- Tired and bored of every subject we've studied
- Our classes are so dull that I literally enjoy listening to goljan and doing uworld questions more
- managed to find a girl that i absolutely adore and she's hung up on some jerk

etc. etc. etc.

This.

Getting dumped just makes med school that much worse.

I don't fit in, I'm sick of studying, and I need to bone. Just sayin'

if ur in NYC, this shouldn't be too hard to achieve...
(i know from experience)

I hate it when you spend a lot of time interviewing and working up a patient, researching the differential and putting together a great presentation. They you go to present and about 3 seconds in the resident says, "Why don't we just go talk to the patient" and completely disregards anything you say.

I hate it when you spend a lot of time interviewing and working up a patient, researching the differential and putting together a great presentation. They you go to present and about 3 seconds in the resident says, "Why don't we just go talk to the patient" and completely disregards anything you say.

Or when you have a great H&P or SOAP that you spent some time on and the attending wants to go fast and doesn't want any student presenting that day.

if ur in NYC, this shouldn't be too hard to achieve...
(i know from experience)

Not when you're too busy studying on the weekends to go out or just too damn tired (Monday exams are going to be the death of me)

Members don't see this ad :)
Studying for classes and the STEP is almost as bad combined as first semester. I just want it to be the end of May already.

I'm SO tired of the classroom!!!!!

Love this thread. I agree with everything. Life sucks!!!! Much better.

Now that it is 3:38 a.m. and I am unprepared for my exam tomorrow, and will be working all weekend to try and support myself and little family on little sleep with little money while thinking the whole time that I should be spending more time studying and more time with my wife and more time with my kids, I can eat some more unhealthy food and exacerbate whatever is going on with my f*#ked up GI tract then collapse into an unrefreshing sleep filled with disturbing, vivid, hallucinatory dreaming that will end with my hurried exit from the house (probably unshowered and without breakfast) after changing a diaper filled with nuclear **** to slog through the unshoveled snow in my driveway and show up at said exam to pretend that I don't mind that I will just barely pass and will dwell, while driving the 3 and a half hours to my weekend of work, on the fact that in spite of my time spent studying for the boards already, many of my classmates scored higher than I did on the last practice exam we took and I will likely be average or below come June and can kiss any dreams of one of the sweet specialties goodbye.

Hey all. Hang in there. Fourth year is amaaaazing. You can do it! You'll get there!

I use to have a nice body (hard ass and 6-pack), now I have all this gooey fat and no time to work out and eat healthy. Plus I'm in a long distance relationship that is too far (coast to coast). I see her once every other month and it would be so much easier to be with someone else but I can never leave her I care about her too much.

I use to have a nice body (hard ass and 6-pack), now I have all this gooey fat and no time to work out and eat healthy. Plus I'm in a long distance relationship that is too far (coast to coast). I see her once every other month and it would be so much easier to be with someone else but I can never leave her I care about her too much.

Long distance sucks. I feel you bro. I sometimes wonder if this would be any easier if we weren't doing it. I hate the waiting. And yet I can't imagine ending it either.

2nd year is awful.

I hurry up every day to get out the door, and freak over any little thing that keeps me from studying momentarily (long lines / traffic / errands / getting food / etc etc etc) so I can rush to the library / coffee shop, sit down, and promptly waste time on the internet.

No matter what I do, I can never seem to break the mid-80s on a test. And I can do 1/2 less work and still score in the low-80s. How does that even make sense.

Blah blah blah...reviving this thread because my current emotional state is this: !panic! !panic! !panic!!

Exam prep is :thumbdown:; amount of material to be covered is HUUGEE! And I've spread myself too thin by signing up for extra-curriculars that I thought would've motivated me to better use my time, knowing that I'd have less of it. But no...it didn't work out the way I had planned. boo-urns. :( Be still my heart palpitations.

Back to studying. (and hopefully not freaking out. it's counterproductive).

My biggest gripe at the moment is having to memorize random slides and facts to answer poorly written exam questions that don't test anything other than your ability to remember a minor point mentioned during a lecture.

I hate having to deal with histology questions on my school's exams where all we get is a histo slide asking "what is the diagnosis?" I would imagine real life pathologists at least get some other info like the presenting symptoms of the patient before looking at a specimen. :mad:

Also, I hate having lectures where the lecturer just talks about their research or an interesting patient they saw the other day, and at the end of the lecture, you realize you still don't know anything about the subject they were supposed to teach.

Last edited:
No. More. Cereal.

I'm freaking in love for the first time in my freaking life. I just want to get married, have kids, and live happily ever after with the perfect family - cooking perfect meals, going to church every Sunday, playing family games, and baking perfect little cupcakes and cookies for the whole neighborhood. Mrs. > M.D. Sadly, I don't think I'll get either of these two. School is turning me into a witch that no man in their right mind would ever want to marry and have kids with. Not to mention the beauty sleep gone and out. blah blah blah

:D

2nd year is awful.

I hurry up every day to get out the door, and freak over any little thing that keeps me from studying momentarily (long lines / traffic / errands / getting food / etc etc etc) so I can rush to the library / coffee shop, sit down, and promptly waste time on the internet.

No matter what I do, I can never seem to break the mid-80s on a test. And I can do 1/2 less work and still score in the low-80s. How does that even make sense.

This. SO MUCH...yet I never seem to fix it.

I'm freaking in love for the first time in my freaking life. I just want to get married, have kids, and live happily ever after with the perfect family - cooking perfect meals, going to church every Sunday, playing family games, and baking perfect little cupcakes and cookies for the whole neighborhood. Mrs. > M.D. Sadly, I don't think I'll get either of these two. School is turning me into a witch that no man in their right mind would ever want to marry and have kids with. Not to mention the beauty sleep gone and out. blah blah blah

:D

Awww, you have nothing worry about Dr. Quinn. You're going to make a great Dr. and a great Mrs. In due time, it seems pretty tough right now, but at least you've got some pretty awesome classmates (I'm sure of it!), and a pretty great "love of your life". The only thing that could make you cooler was if I somehow got cookies.....oh wait......no way!

I missed 12 points out of 120 in Biochemistry and I still didn't get an O. RAAAAGGGEEEEEEE

I want to die!!!!!! Med School is KILLING me. :eek:

LOL. Does the studying ever stop? Nooooo....lifelong learning FTW. :eek:

I want to pause time, catch up, and then re-start. If only.... :rolleyes:

I forgot to turn in my f'ing preceptor log so I don't get 2 points which brings my grade of an 87 to an 83. I'm so pissed off I cant study.

Why does histology have to be so goddamn boring? Simple cuboidal vs simple columnar epithelium? Seriously?

2nd year is awful.

This thread is hilarious, especially this guy. While I do use the word "hilarious," I also meant depressingly true in almost every written word here by every last person, heh.

Why does histology have to be so goddamn boring? Simple cuboidal vs simple columnar epithelium? Seriously?

Histology is like reading tea leaves and fills me with rage. Sorry, ALL those cells have a "fried-egg" appearance to me, and I'm tired of pretending otherwise. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Histology is like reading tea leaves and fills me with rage. Sorry, ALL those cells have a "fried-egg" appearance to me, and I'm tired of pretending otherwise. Feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

lol ahaha, exactly the same way I feel about histo.:laugh:

I've never worked so hard to be so mediocre. It's pretty damn frustrating actually:(

years 1-3 of med school suck something fierce. I am not yet a 4th year so i can't comment on it.

I do not agree that the core rotations are necessary or helpful except maybe medicine. I am so tired of doing rotations in **** that i hate.

Try being an MS8, and watching all your medical school friends match, graduate, and then try to boss you around as a resident.

I'd complain, but now I am in "4th" year, and am going to match in 2 weeks.

Cya suckers....

So you know how everyone says 1st and 2nd year suck they're hard and boring...well third year is like auschwitz, you are forced to do work that's not beneficial, you never get to eat or use the restroom and people are always condescending and annoyed with you. (Did I just call other residents and nurses Nazis?)

Did I mention that the gym is now a myth...one that my thighs can't even remember?
There goes my social life...

I have nothing to complain about except for the fact that I need a girlfriend. Other than that, life's good. I'm too busy studying to meet people and the type of people I like are too busy studying to meet me. It's no wonder docs marry docs.

MS1 here, yeah studying sucks and now I'm freaking burned out like crazy, can't even bring myself to study ughh. Is it normal I consider most of my class to be filled with gunners/grinders/tools with the maturity of high school brats? Funny how people change from orientation to when **** hits the fan with classes.

new low... I caught myself complaining about other students complaining about the time change of our neuro lectures.