Three most meaningful activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbio2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So about choosing three meaningful activities, I'd love some input;I've done volunteering in the ER along with some patient transport. The most I got from volunteering was a realizing that I was comfortable with working with sick people/affirmed I wanted to be a doc, a lot of patients are pretty cool and are a blast to talk to, some are rude but that shouldn't influence my interactions with them, etc.

I was also thinking of talking about talking about a religious organization I was part of, that helped me develop as a leader and mentor. I learned that I love mentoring others transitioning to college life, helping them plan classes, insight on being pre-med etc. It also reminded me that I wanted to be a doctor because my religion emphasizes altruism and serving others. That being a doctor appeals to my interest and goals, but ultimately it's about more than me. However I realize that religions can be an iffy topic, but I wasn't going to go in depth on religion itself...mostly mentioning that it was a religious organization since the title of the organization would give it away.

I was also going to talk about how I was involved in the radio program at my school for a year as radio talk show host, DJ, and sports announcer. Basically it got me out of my shell (I was extremely introverted and shy), was able to research/look up different topics to discuss, debate with my friend and co-host, interact with fans and the athletes, etc. It was something that helped me overcome my shyness and become more personable.

Kind of worried that talking anything about religion would get me in some hot water, and that my radio stint is irrelevant to medicine besides helping me be a more outgoing and very personable person. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They mean something to you, you're passionate and that's what is most important! You can write about why religion is important to you without going too far into it, ya know?

Reactions: 1 user