three weeks for practice tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepod2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this enough time? i have ZERO COMMITMENTS to ANYTHING in this time frame. i realize i messed up on my preparation, but if its still feasible for me to get a good score im going to keep grinding. im just about done all content review but havent taken a SINGLE practice test. im signed up for the June 1st test. so my questions are:

1.do i have enough time to take enough practice tests to do well?
2.if yes, how many practice tests should i take?

Members don't see this ad.

I gave myself around 3.5 weeks for practice exams, and it's been working out well for me because I also have zero commitments. This has allowed me to plan to do around 7 practice exams + the section banks + the official guide + q-packs...so pretty much, I wouldn't have done anything more if I had more time, because I've pretty much done it all already.

I suggest taking a practice exam ASAP to gauge how much improvement you actually need, though. You might surprise yourself and score really well, and then this worrying will be for nothing. Or, you could do terrible and realize you need more time...or you could do average, and definitely improve over 3 weeks.

I had a similar situation with leaving practice tests down to the last month prior to the exam. However, this was alongside being a full-time student (18 units), at an internship, and working part-time. So I imagine if you are good with time management + have zero commitments, you're in good shape for the exam if you start practice tests now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would use those three weeks to focus mainly on AAMC materials. Don't go for quantity but rather quality. Focus on reviewing your FLs and understanding why you got something wrong and work to change that. I have only taken 1 FL so far but I found I benefited more from going over it as thoroughly as possible and that took me almost the whole day. So take that into account when you plan how many FLs to take. AAMC FLs should be your priority at this point.