Throwing in the Towel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizeguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's that time....last year, I was on one waitlist, but wasn't very proactive - this year, I'm on two, and am being very proactive, but yet, to no avail...anyway, is this about the time you just give up and hope that you're one of the like 3-5 people per school that might get a call from a dean between now and the end of classes? I'm not asking this as a functional question - I've already submitted amcas - I'm more asking just as a curiousity thing....

And for anyone out there who reads this and is involved with Temple (either accepted, or a fellow waitlister), they accepted a bunch of people on 6/22/6/23, a bunch of people turned them down, and yet since then no one has posted saying they got those spots - there is of course, the obvious, that the spots given away after that were given to people not on sdn - but do you guys think there might be another small round of invites? I hope so!!

alright - thoughts guys? hope everyone had a good weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

i've submitted my AMCAS and the secondaries that are out. I'm complete at a couple schools.

i've throw in the towel for this year. it'll motivate me to finish up my secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah same here. As a added sign of submission, I am throwing in my pants as well.

I am probably gonna submit my AMCAS next week after I finish working on my PS.

My best wishes and best of luck to all of you on waitlists. I know i'll be in your shoes not more then a year from now, and will be coming here for support

:luck:

yo monk - the point i made about temple - you agree? didn't you think there was going to be another round? i dunno :(

me and you are in this together brother - i hope atleast one of us gets in...

braluk said:
My best wishes and best of luck to all of you on waitlists. I know i'll be in your shoes not more then a year from now, and will be coming here for support

:luck:

Hey, your avatar summarizes the way I feel about reapplying.

A year from now, I hope you have better luck than I. :luck: :luck:

I am curious though, what it would feel like to be that guy sitting at work, 1 day before classes start, to get that call.....it would almost make it better that you had to wait that long (i know really, it isn't...but for that day,you'd feel that way)....b/c you'd be the happiest bitch ever at orientation!!!!!!

I threw in the towel...

I filled out and sent out my Primary application for 2007, collected a couple new letter of recommendations, sent out a few secondaries..

Then I went to my apt to get stamps to send out MORE secondaries..And what do you know, I had a call on my cell phone telling me that I was being offered acceptance to University of Buffalo..

So who knows, you may be one of those people..

wizeguy said:
I am curious though, what it would feel like to be that guy sitting at work, 1 day before classes start, to get that call.....it would almost make it better that you had to wait that long (i know really, it isn't...but for that day,you'd feel that way)....b/c you'd be the happiest bitch ever at orientation!!!!!!

:laugh: If that happened to me, I'll be humping everyone's leg on orientation day.

That might not be a good feeling for my victims.

Hmm...some schools are really slow to get to their waitlist. Not sure why.

I'm on the Temple waitlist, probably going to withdraw from it since I got off the waitlist at Tufts like just now. That should help a small bit I suppose.

From what I'm hearing some "hold" applicants were recently just added to the waitlist at SUNY-Downstate (where I was originally going). And that they really haven't done much about their waitlist yet.

So I say, don't throw in the towel. Work hard, stay proactive and get one of those "last minute spots". It's a lot better than reapplying and waiting a whole year.

wizeguy said:
yo monk - the point i made about temple - you agree? didn't you think there was going to be another round? i dunno :(

me and you are in this together brother - i hope atleast one of us gets in...

yeah man.. i really thought there would be one more round because all of those sdners that dropped... but i'm sure there was another round. just probably people not for sdners like us. it shows that all med students don't use sdn... :eek:

mayb we'll get lucky but for now.. i'm moving on...

haha im sure my avatar sums up alot of how people are feeling right now. However, it would make more sense if the bottle were up his butt sideways, that would be more representative ;)

Depakote said:
:( well, my wallet is $1000 lighter.

i wish my was just $1000 lighter.. i burned a hole in mine.. and the hole is only getting bigger