Throwing in the towel....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sketchyMcG

Bonafide
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 2 1/2 years of preparation I am officially throwing in the towel with regards to med school. I have discovered that being a good husband and father are much more important to me than becoming a doctor. To those that can do both.... I stand in awe. Anywhooo, thanks for all of the great advice and for listening to me whine. Best of luck to all of you --- Phil

Members don't see this ad.

good luck phil. i keep telling myself that it hopefully can be done, but i totally understand where you're coming from. again. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
did your decision come about because of how you thought you did on the april mcat? or was it just a new turn in your life?

take care, good luck

Hey, man - good luck in your life and career plans!

Good luck! Life is short, make the best of it! :)

Originally posted by sketchyMcG
After 2 1/2 years of preparation I am officially throwing in the towel with regards to med school. I have discovered that being a good husband and father are much more important to me than becoming a doctor. To those that can do both.... I stand in awe. Anywhooo, thanks for all of the great advice and for listening to me whine. Best of luck to all of you --- Phil
You have made a very respectable decision...I wish you all the luck! :thumbup:

Your courage to change your mind is commendable. Plus that means one less applicant.

Best of luck to you and I commend your courage to make the tough decisions! Your family is very lucky.

Spin:D

Better to come to this realization now than after incurring years of student loan debt and the rigors of medical school.
My only advice would be to make sure you that you are giving up for "those" reasons and not others. Are they really why you are ceding, or is it something else? Remember, you don't want regrets 30 or 40 years from now that you never became a doctor.
Best of luck.

Anthony

Texas A&M University College of Medicine
Class of 2007