Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Three days and counting to hear the verdict from TUCOM:eek:

According to AZCOM, we could hear back as soon as the 16th! I interviewed on the 25th and they said to look for "the letter" in about 3 weeks. Personally, I loved both schools, but I would go with AZCOM if I have the chance!

Hoping, hoping, hoping

Members don't see this ad.

When did you interview at TUCOM? I was there on the 1st and interviewed at AZCOM on Sep 27th. The waiting is killing me!!

Good Luck!

-Zippy

DrZippy2b
Hey! I was there on the 1st as well! What interview group were you in that day? Did AZCOM tell you 3 weeks too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! Let me know if you get accepted at TUCOM, I will be there in the fall and would love to get to know my new classmates!

Brenda
TUCOM, Class of 2007

With Drs. Mazzotta, Schwartz, and Strebel.

I'm more than a little nervous to hear their decision. I never can really tell how I'm doing in these sorts of things. I've spent the last week thinking about things I meant to say. Argh.

And you? How did you think your interview went?

-Zippy

Oops. Yeah, AZCOM did tell us 3 weeks... But I'm not sure if that means we'll have letters in hand in 3 weeks or the letters will be dropped in the mail in 3 weeks.

Did AZCOM tell you they accept 80% of the people they interview?

DrZippy2b
I too am really nervous about the upcoming decision with TUCOM. I know exactly what you mean by second guessing your answers and thinking about what you could of said. I thought, personally, that my AZCOM interview went a lot better than did the TUCOM interview. But just about everybody says that their AZCOM interviews go well, or so it seems. It's funny, I think that I was in your same interview group that day at TURO. I didn't think that the experience was all that bad, but I really think that each of us did not get enough of a chance to speak individually. It was really tought to read the interviewers (Especially Dr. Schwartz) as to what they thought about our responses. What dd you think about AZCOM? the interview, the school the people?
Oh, and yes, a MSII came by while we were waiting for our interviews and said somthing to the fact that like 80% of those interviewd get accepted, but I am not putting much weight on that seeing as they interview so many people. I think that he was attempting to make us feel better.
Just hoping and praying for now!

I interviewed at AZCOM on the 27th with DrZippy2b, and they told us 3 weeks for a letter. I got my letter exactly 10 days after my interview at AZCOM and they put me on the waitlist. My interview went very so-so. I have TUCOM on 11/4 and hopping for more.......

Hey njdesi,

I'm also interviewing on the fourth of November. When do you fly in. I was thinking of going to 6 flags on Sunday to calm my nerves before the interview. I was curious whether anyone else interviewing that day might be interested. I'm somewhat of a local (I live about an hour from TUCOM but I'm still staying at the hotel. Lemme know if you're interested or anyone else for that matter.

Russell

Just found out I was accepted to TUCOM (which was my first choice school). :D

Good luck on your interviews on the 4th. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how non-stressful it is. And Dr. Haight gave us a pep talk before we went in. And it is really interesting to hear the other applicants answers. And to know they are right there with you.

Let me know what happens!

TUCOM accepts 80% of those interviewed? As per Dr. Don Haight: about 4000 primary applications, around 2000 get invited for secondaries, about 400-420 get interviews and about 165 will get accepted but only 125 will matriculate. That is less than 40% getting accepted after the interview by my calculations. It does make sense that they will accept more students early in the process but I wouldn't count on anything as certain.

Hey Njdesi,

I interviewed with you at AZCOM, we ate lunch together. Congrats on the MCAT scores!
You mentioned that you already heard from AZCOM, when did you
get your response? I haven't heard yet. Still hangin'.
Well, I'll see you at TUCOM on Nov 4th. Is your dad coming along?
Have you heard from NJ Medical and Dentistry?

Sorry for any confusion. Bla_3x and I were talking about AZCOM for the 80%, not TUCOM.