Time between Step 1 and Level 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lis207

OMS-III
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time should I take between step 1 and level 1? Right now I am scheduled to take them 10 days apart but I'm wondering if that's too far. Thought I'd take 2 days off and then spend the week doing questions and OMT stuff. If you took both, how much time did you take between and did you feel like it was a good length?

Members don't see this ad.

I took about 1 week off. In hindsight I think I should of done 4-5 days.

I did 4 days and thought it was too much. 3 would have been better. 1 to sit at home and be burnt out. 1 to try to study omm. And another to travel to the testing center and cram a little more.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took step on Wednesday and level on Friday of the same week... did it for both step 1/level 1 and step 2/level 2. This was ideal. If you wait longer you're going to forget the last few details that you always forget, but crammed right before step

I just crammed some OMM in the morning of the test but otherwise didn't bother studying OMM. Did fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I did Mon/Fri for Step 1, Tues/Fri Step 2. No ragrets.

10 days is way too much time. I did 3 days in between. Day 1 did nothing, days 2 and 3 I watched Dirty medicine OMM videos and still did a lot of nothing lol. Defiantly felt like I had forgotten a few details in that time like calivianya mentioned, but nothing major

Three days. No more, no less.

Day 1: Chill out.
Day 2: Chill out but read some Savarese and watch the OME videos.
Day 3: Chill out again.

1-2 days

You’ll start studying omm and realize you’re done studying in a few hours. Then you’re just staring at the wall waiting for the test day

Do 3 days. One to relax, one and a half to study OMM and half a day to nap and binge some shows.

it's pass fail so you can get away with being uber lazy if you really wanted. 3 days is the sweet spot though. Only OMM you really need to know is viscerosomatics, Spine stuff obviously, chapmans for belly stuff, Anterior/posterior cervical counterstrain (no other regions is counterstrain high yield), fibular/radial head. Don't study HVLA for anything. Sacrum diagnosing. Inominates is really easy diagnosing (don't know treatments). don't study cranial.

I did 5 days MAX. Granted, my Step 1 and Level 1 was 2 MONTHS apart thanks to COVID but originally was 3 days. Step 2/Level 2 was a Thurs/Mon situation and while maybe a smidge too long, it still ended up ok

legit no more than 4 days. I had a week because of scheduling and my brain was gone after step.

Reactions: 1 user
1 week, 6 days of rethinking life and crying in bed, 1 day of half ass craming OMM before you give up and yolo it

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users