Time for Goro to take a break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone offended by Goro's use of the word Der Trumpenfuhrer and feel it is dishonoring those who died in the Holocaust are missing the point entirely! Trump could easily become OUR Hitler. People need to have their eyes wide open to many of the things he is doing/trying to do. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

That being said, have a nice vacation @Goro , you deserve a nice break from the neurotic premeds, and the holier-than-thou posters.

How about we not bash a sitting US President.

Pretty sure that one should be an obvious TOS violation. We can just call it "treason."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
#SaveGoro

#BringbackDermViser

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay IDK if you guys are noticing but he's still liking posts in these threads- I think he turned off his " show online status" and is lurking in the shadows....answering PM's...liking clever posts...looming....waiting....

Reactions: 1 users

Pretty sure that one should be an obvious TOS violation. We can just call it "treason."

24ysm00.jpg

Goro is literally one of the few reasons why the premed subforums of this website are useful. If you are talking about Pre-Osteo, he is the arguably #1 reason to visit this site.

Hope his break isn't for too long.

Come back in a year or two (or whenever the Russia investigation is over) and talk to me about treason.

Reactions: 6 users
Come back in a year or two (or whenever the Russia investigation is over) and talk to me about treason.

Perhaps, but presently he is our president, and it reflects poorly on everyone when we liken our current president to unsavory former leaders such as Hitler, et al.

We are all Americans.

Reactions: 3 users
Put a sock in it.
:laugh::highfive::soexcited::clap::banana: That was perfect.
If you don't mind me asking, what year of DO school are you in?
Also, is your username pronounced - A-fee-CHAY? That's how I pronounce it.
Also, can DO's specialize in immunology/endocrinology/ any of the fellowship specialties, where internal med residency is completed followed by specialty training? I always thought that they can, but fellowships might discriminate against DO's. ( I've been wondering this and since Goro left I thought I'd ask you)

I'm willing to bet that's the first time you've ever said that. Some folks conveniently overlooked the nastiest levels of disrespect for over 8 years, but all of the sudden want everyone in the country to not disrespect a sitting president.

Let's not even mention how disrespectful he was towards a sitting pres and how as the sitting pres he continuously disrespects countless people. Have you glanced at his Twitter? But you wanna critique those talking about him of all people. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I'm willing to bet that's the first time you've ever said that. Some folks conveniently overlooked the nastiest levels of disrespect for over 8 years, but all of the sudden want everyone in the country to not disrespect a sitting president.

Let's not even mention how disrespectful he was towards a sitting press and how as the sitting pres he continuously disrespects countless people. Have you glanced at his Twitter? But you wanna critique those talking about him of all people. Lol.
I'll never get over that time he disrespected that disabled interviewer, without so much as an apology. It's not like the was subconsciously flapping his hand, he was literally, deliberately, mocking him.

Reactions: 4 users
I'll never get over that time he disrespected that disabled interviewer, without so much as an apology. It's not like the was subconsciously flapping his hand, he was literally, deliberately, mocking him.

The comments about alleged sexual assault victims not being attractive enough for the claims to be true still has my jaw on the floor. What kind of message does that send to women? To victims? To society? Smh.

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh::highfive::soexcited::clap::banana: That was perfect.
If you don't mind me asking, what year of DO school are you in?
Also, is your username pronounced - A-fee-CHAY? That's how I pronounce it.
Also, can DO's specialize in immunology/endocrinology/ any of the fellowship specialties, where internal med residency is completed followed by specialty training? I always thought that they can, but fellowships might discriminate against DO's. ( I've been wondering this and since Goro left I thought I'd ask you)
I'm an M2 in an MD program. Sorry, I don't know much about the DO track!

It's pronounced Ah-feesh. It's French for "poster" lol.

Put a sock in it.

Very mature.

"I don't like your opinion, so I'm going to attack you for it."

^^^This is why SDN is headed in the direction it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look guys, I didn't mean to trigger anyone, let's not start a flame war here.

@Affiche "put a sock in it" is tantamount to telling someone to shut up. LOL - gimme a break on "I didn't attack anyone."

That being said, it is my hope that you won't get reported, mostly because I think SDN would benefit from more outspoken members.

Last edited:
"Put a sock in it"? Seems like a petty attack to me.......

And I'm not your buddy.
Lol okay, dude. Grow up and grow thicker skin. If you perceive being told to hush up as a personal attack, M1 is going to be very hard for you.

Reactions: 6 users
@Affiche "put a sock in it" is tantamount to telling someone to shut up. LOL - gimme a break on "I didn't attack anyone."[/QUOTE]

Nah dude, its not tantamount. Its far more polite and professional.

If someone said "shut up" to another user on SDN and got banned, I can see that as rude.
If someone said "put a sock in it" on SDN and got banned that's baloney.

Look guys, I didn't mean to trigger anyone, let's not start a flame war here.

@Affiche "put a sock in it" is tantamount to telling someone to shut up. LOL - gimme a break on "I didn't attack anyone."

That being said, it is my hope that you won't get reported, mostly because I think SDN would benefit from more outspoken members.
It is literally a British phrase for "quiet down", more informally used as "stop talking", actually. But, that's neither here nor there. Your post was directing the thread towards derailing into political jumbo, hence my comment. It wasn't an attack at anyone, so come off it.

Either way, y'all need to move on.

In b4 this thread gets locked :thumbup:

:poke: Sad that we as humans just love to do this to each other so much.

So basically it is OK to say that how people willingly voted is the equivalent of voting for Hitler? Literally? SMH. This line of reasoning isn't really worth dealing with at all, b/c it's like this: :bang:

Last edited:
The comments about alleged sexual assault victims not being attractive enough for the claims to be true still has my jaw on the floor. What kind of message does that send to women? To victims? To society? Smh.
Probably similar themes to ole Bill Clinton banging his young secretary and denying it publicly until all hell broke loose. But nah no one brings that up nah why would anyone do that?

You have literally been around crass men before. It leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth when people talk like that and I can't say I agree with what he said (lol) but to demonized him for talking like that is extremely narrow minded, especially when coming from the other side. Trump ain't no angel but just imagine if the polar opposite of what everyone is doing right now occurred. It's popular opinion in mainstream to reject literally everything the man does.
What if you started to actually look at it from more perspectives than your own? Everyone who is auto-bucking trump is beginning to groom a political system that just bucks the other party's ideas and leaves no room for any sort of change. We will not find what works if we can never try new things out. Nothing will ever get done, even less than what gets done right now.

/rant

There's also a mod (actually not 100% he's a mod but w/e, a highly regarded member) on here that has a countdown of the next election. That's a little ridiculous on a forum that's supposedly "oh so professional" yet Goro gets banned for something about trump. Wake up and smell the beans folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
This post was edited because the argument was not worth it. The above post is my point of view.

Last edited:
when you put 1000 people w/ intense unwavering personalities in a room (sdn) together, you are just inevitably waiting for a spark to set off a fire. I don't care if people think I'm a ***** on SDN, or flame me. What people forget is everyone who posts on SDN is a human (although sometimes hard to believe), you never know what that person is going through.

most of my friends in medical school were females. they were less intense (In my experience) and easier to study/hangout with.

Plot twist: Goro is actually only going on a month vacation to Cancun.

...but seriously, enjoy the break @Goro!

Where's the hidden moderator that's always posting commentary? Greyscale Anatomy something?

Probably similar themes to ole Bill Clinton banging his young secretary and denying it publicly until all hell broke loose. But nah no one brings that up nah why would anyone do that?

You have literally been around crass men before. It leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth when people talk like that and I can't say I agree with what he said (lol) but to demonized him for talking like that is extremely narrow minded, especially when coming from the other side. Trump ain't no angel but just imagine if the polar opposite of what everyone is doing right now occurred. It's popular opinion in mainstream to reject literally everything the man does.
What if you started to actually look at it from more perspectives than your own? Everyone who is auto-bucking trump is beginning to groom a political system that just bucks the other party's ideas and leaves no room for any sort of change. We will not find what works if we can never try new things out. Nothing will ever get done, even less than what gets done right now.

/rant

There's also a mod (actually not 100% he's a mod but w/e, a highly regarded member) on here that has a countdown of the next election. That's a little ridiculous on a forum that's supposedly "oh so professional" yet Goro gets banned for something about trump. Wake up and smell the beans folks.
Is it Anatomy Grey?

Eh nvm not worth it

You should have put this in the place of first long rant. I was reading it like, "Whatttt? No. No. That's an assumption about me. What does that even mean? No, and bucking Obama wasn't popular either? Wait, we can't even compare the two as 45 is truly disgusting and exemplifies some of the behavior people are here complaining about, and plenty other behaviors that people here wouldn't dare do. Nobody is auto bucking. People are actually responding to his actions and words."

Not sure why you quoted me and brought Cosby up as if it proves something. Nobody around you is disgusted with him so the conversations must not be happening? Ok. I guess this would make sense if he was running for office.

Let's keep politics out of this thread, please. It's the reason @Goro received an all expenses paid vacation to the Ban-ary Islands.

Political BS is ruining everything in the US today, including SDN.

Sticking your head in the sand and refusing to talk about political "BS" is not going to solve anything. Politics is everywhere, and is especially pertinent in medicine since healthcare has been such a hot topic in the last several years. Users here should feel comfortable talking freely yet respectfully about the issues.

Anyway I don't know Goro as well as most because I didn't start reading SDN until after I had already been accepted into medical school, but I've followed some of his posts in the MD and DO forums. Not sure how things work around here in terms of mods, but hopefully this probation happened because he joked about a topic that would potentially be sensitive to some users (the Holocaust) and not because he said something mean about the orange one.

Last edited:
I think the mods have been quite fair on this forum.

You should have put this in the place of first long rant. I was reading it like, "Whatttt? No. No. That's an assumption about me. What does that even mean? No, and bucking Obama wasn't popular either? Wait, we can't even compare the two as 45 is truly disgusting and exemplifies some of the behavior people are here complaining about, and plenty other behaviors that people here wouldn't dare do. Nobody is auto bucking. People are actually responding to his actions and words."

Not sure why you quoted me and brought Cosby up as if it proves something. Nobody around you is disgusted with him so the conversations must not be happening? Ok. I guess this would make sense if he was running for office.
Wut to this entire post. Please refer to my post above about CARs.

Anyway, the point was that the auto-bucking of either party is stupid, dem or repub. you're a little fired up because you think I'm defending trump. I'm not.

Also my roommate had to do CPR on me because I was lol'ing so hard at "Cosby." Wrong Bill brosef. "Clinton" is literally in the post you quoted........... just lol

Last edited:
Wut to this entire post. Please refer to my post above about CARs.

Anyway, the point was that the auto-bucking of either party is stupid, dem or repub. you're a little fired up because you think I'm defending trump. I'm not.

Also my roommate had to do CPR on me because I was lol'ing so hard at "Cosby." Wrong Bill brosef. "Clinton" is literally in the post you quoted........... just lol

I just wrote it how it went through my mind. It wasn't a meaningful response to your mess of a rant. Glad you got the jist.

You keep making assumptions about me. Don't do that. Lol. And you still aren't recognizing the difference between auto bucking and the criticism put forth by most people.

Lmaooooooooooooooo CLINTON. Ommggggggg. Opps.

Last edited:
[meOTE="JB50, post: 19016607, member: 781891"]
There's also a mod (actually not 100% he's a mod but w/e, a highly regarded member) on here that has a countdown of the next election. That's a little ridiculous on a forum that's supposedly "oh so professional" yet Goro gets banned for something about trump. Wake up and smell the beans folks.[/QUOTE]

What if I am offended by the bible verse that is on every post by the person offended by usage of Der Trumpenfurer by @Goro ? :rolleyes:

There are hundreds of thing posted here on SDN that could prove to be offensive or in bad taste to someone. Does every report of them end in a probation? :confused: If so, sign me up to start reporting some things I find offensive.

/rant

Huh? Plenty of people (rightfully) bring up Bill Clinton's history of assaults. In fact, it was a huge issue that many discussed in the 2016 election even though Bill wasn't running. If it seems like Trump gets criticized MORE often, it's because Trump is the one that currently holds a position of political power.

And I can promise you that nobody "demonizes" (i.e. criticizes) Trump because he is "crass" or uses "locker room banter" or whatever other euphemism you prefer to use to describe his behavior.

Huh? Plenty of people (rightfully) bring up Bill Clinton's history of assaults. In fact, it was a huge issue that many discussed in the 2016 election even though Bill wasn't running. If it seems like Trump gets criticized MORE often, it's because Trump is the one that currently holds a position of political power.

And I can promise you that nobody "demonizes" (i.e. criticizes) Trump because he is "crass" or uses "locker room banter" or whatever other euphemism you prefer to use to describe his behavior.
Let's try not to derail this thread any further - How did we go from thanking Goro, telling him to enjoy his vacation, and hoping he comes back sooner to Bill Clinton...?

Sticking your head in the sand and refusing to talk about political "BS" is not going to solve anything. Politics is everywhere, and is especially pertinent in medicine since healthcare has been such a hot topic in the last several years. Users here should feel comfortable talking freely yet respectfully about the issues.

Anyway I don't know Goro as well as most because I didn't start reading SDN until after I had already been accepted into medical school, but I've followed some of his posts in the MD and DO forums. Not sure how things work around here in terms of mods, but hopefully this probation happened because he joked about a topic that would potentially be sensitive to some users (the Holocaust) and not because he said something mean about the orange one.

Well, as you can clearly see, that doesn't happen on here. Users can't seem to be civil towards one another. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

Another thread has been ruined thanks to.........politics.

Well, as you can clearly see, that doesn't happen on here. Users can't seem to be civil towards one another. That's why I wrote what I wrote.

Another thread has been ruined thanks to.........politics.

Which would, ironically, be appropriate as invoking politics was the reason Goro is taking a sabbatical.

Let's try not to derail this thread any further - How did we go from thanking Goro, telling him to enjoy his vacation, and hoping he comes back sooner to Bill Clinton...?

Not sure why I'm getting singled out here when I wasn't the one that brought Bill Clinton up.

I would have loved this thread to have stayed on topic, but an arguably inflammatory comment about a sensitive issue (sexual assault) was made, and I'M the one at fault for not stifling my opinion? Jesus Christ, maybe we should all just stick to bashing nurses and endless MD vs. DO debates.

Not sure why I'm getting singled out here when I wasn't the one that brought Bill Clinton up.

I would have loved this thread to have stayed on topic, but an arguably inflammatory comment about a sensitive issue (sexual assault) was made, and I'M the one at fault for not stifling my opinion? Jesus Christ, maybe we should all just stick to bashing nurses and endless MD vs. DO debates.
How about we stop derailing altogether? I don't care if you brought up Bill Clinton or not. Go do your debate of MD v. DO on another thread so the mods can lock it lol.

How about we stop derailing altogether? I don't care if you brought up Bill Clinton or not. Go do your debate of MD v. DO on another thread so the mods can lock it lol.

A user apparently got banned for making a political statement that offended others so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to express feeling offended when someone implies that it is "narrow-minded" to think less of a politician after he is accused of several cases of rape. I ignored the comment initially BECAUSE I didn't want to derail this thread but then the argument continued and the thread already became derailed.

I will drop this from now on out of respect for the OP, mods, and others reading this thread. Edited the harsher part of this paragraph because I don't know why I chose to spend my Sunday being aggro in the pre-med forum rather than studying for my final COMAT ever lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.