Time for Goro to take a break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yes I am.

Pardon this moment of liberty, but I can see where you get your name.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A user apparently got banned for making a political statement that offended others so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed to express feeling offended when someone implies that it is "narrow-minded" to think less of a politician after he is accused of several cases of rape. I ignored the comment initially BECAUSE I didn't want to derail this thread but then the argument continued and the thread already became derailed.

You really need to CHILL with the conversation policing. I will drop this from now on out of respect for the OP, mods, and others reading this thread so you can take your mother hen act elsewhere.
OK everyone can get offended. Its natural and fine. However, all these little instances add up and thus, take the main topic of discussion elsewhere. If you're sincerely passionate and upset about political issues, that's perfectly understandable. I'm not too thrilled with the political climate right now either. But I don't think bringing it up in this particular thread is going to help anyone. Why not just start a new thread that can focus on your topic of discussion? I won't wander over there to "mother hen" it as you so poignantly put it.

Reactions: 2 users
I just wrote it how it went through my mind. It wasn't a meaningful response to your mess of a rant. Glad you got the jist.

You keep making assumptions about me. Don't do that. Lol. And you still aren't recognizing the difference between auto bucking and the criticism put forth by most people.

Lmaooooooooooooooo CLINTON. Ommggggggg. Opps.

lololololol. I think we can move on now. What are we even doing? Politics will be politics :sleep::highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh? Plenty of people (rightfully) bring up Bill Clinton's history of assaults. In fact, it was a huge issue that many discussed in the 2016 election even though Bill wasn't running. If it seems like Trump gets criticized MORE often, it's because Trump is the one that currently holds a position of political power.

And I can promise you that nobody "demonizes" (i.e. criticizes) Trump because he is "crass" or uses "locker room banter" or whatever other euphemism you prefer to use to describe his behavior.
Why are you quoting me. I didn't quote you nor respond to you, hence why you're apparently confused about the bill thing.

Also let's all just take a little giggle at wtf we are doing itt.

Hopefully this guy goes away for far more than a month. His condescending toxicity is counterproductive to the goals of this forum.

Hopefully this guy goes away for far more than a month. His condescending toxicity is counterproductive to the goals of this forum.
Seriously....
upload_2017-6-14_14-11-20.png

Reactions: 4 users
You seem to take issue with his tone. While I find that to be a misread, your criticism doesn't address the main reason why he is so appreciated: he has an excellent understanding of med school admissions. That's what a significant subset of people come here for- a better sense of if they stand a shot, and what they can do to increase their shot. It is incredibly useful for many people, to receive detailed instructions that are informed by someone with experience in med school admissions.

Woah, not cool. I have some beef with what goro has advised me to do but i'd never say that...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Woah, not cool. I have some beef with what goro has advised me to do but i'd never say that...
Pretty sure this guy is someone who has been banned before and has a grudge.

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure this guy is someone who has been banned before and has a grudge.
I didn't really have any idea who this guy was before joining this site a month ago (beyond hearing his alias mentioned amongst my colleagues once or twice in the past). After starting a thread on what I thought would be a productive discourse a few weeks ago, he attacked me for no reason and tried to derail the thread (which led to it being shut down). Intrigued, I took a look at his posting history and it turns out he tries to do this on just about every single discussion topic he comments on. His input is sarcastic, demeaning, and all around unprofessional. I truly hope he isn't actually an administrator who has any leverage in the medical school admissions process. The idea that someone like this is affecting the futures of hundreds of premed hopefuls makes me cringe.

I didn't really have any idea who this guy was before joining this site a month ago (beyond hearing his alias mentioned amongst my colleagues once or twice in the past). After starting a thread on what I thought would be a productive discourse a few weeks ago, he attacked me for no reason and tried to derail the thread (which led to it being shut down). Intrigued, I took a look at his posting history and it turns out he tries to do this on just about every single discussion topic he comments on. His input is sarcastic, demeaning, and all around unprofessional. I truly hope he isn't actually an administrator who has any leverage in the medical school admissions process. The idea that someone like this is affecting the futures of hundreds of premed hopefuls makes me cringe.

For a second I thought this was Facebook and I held down the like button on your post so I could choose the laughing face. Catch up SDN!

Reactions: 3 users
For a second I thought this was Facebook and I held down the like button on your post so I could choose the laughing face. Catch up SDN!
:laugh: It's right here. Not quite as instantaneous, but still worthwhile nonetheless. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This thread is why I hate the majority of medical students.

Reactions: 1 users
it is very obvious the people that run this site lean breitbart "conservative" . Not surprised they want to protect their "Dear Leader". Trumps supporters are nothing but a cult of sycophants. Has infected sdn as well it seems.

it is very obvious the people that run this site lean breitbart "conservative" . Not surprised they want to protect their "Dear Leader". Trumps supporters are nothing but a cult of sycophants. Has infected sdn as well it seems.

Jesus christ. That's smart. Bring politics into this ****.

This thread will be closed in 5....4.....3......

SDN and its staff have no political agenda. Politics are not in-line with our mission or nonprofit status. Additionally, we're based out of California -- not an area known for heavy Breitbart readership.

IRT this overall thread, Goro is a valued member of the community; sharing knowledge and being a mentor is what SDN is all about and I commend him for taking time to help so many fellow members. FWIW, the decision to warn, post-hold, or ban a member is not taken lightly, especially long time members; there is a multi-step process working-up to any major action.

Appreciate all the input on this thread, but I suggest (based on the quoted post) it has run its course and should be closed.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.