Time Frame for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Incisor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm an applicant for the 2010 cycle, and I am just trying to figure out when would be the best time for me to take my DAT in order to get my application through as quick as possible.

I plan to have my application ready to go for the first day that they are eligible for submission. Taking the DAT would be my only hold-up. I had taken my Canadian DAT last year, so I'm comfortable with much of the material, it would only be a matter of me touching up on some spots. I think that realistically I could confidently take my test after a month of studying.

My school lets out about April 20th. So I'm thinking logically that I should take my DAT at the end of May. I'm wondering, to people who have been through a cycle before, if this makes sense? Also I'm wondering if my DAT scores are sent to AADSAS, then sent out to the schools, or if it is possible to have them sent directly to the schools that I'll be applying to, and skip the whole backlog that I assume AADSAS will have. I just don't want my DAT scores to hold up my application from getting processed.

Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

you'll be fine. take it in may -

DAT scores ARE sent DIRECTLY to each school you want to - the first 5 are free then anything after 5 is $25 per school and the schools get them pretty much immediately or within 1-2 weeks

You do input your scores into AADSAS, so it's important to have taken the DAT before submitting your AADSAS. February is best because then you can retake in May, but as long as you do well the first time May is fine