Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
Just a few questions for the med students here. When you go through a medical school, exactly how many months out of the year are you actually in school? The reason I'm asking is because I've been reading some threads here where people expressed they are not sure whether to apply to medical school or not because of how long it is. But I figure the four years of hard work while you're in doesn't really sound all that long if you get a few months off in the summer, right? Personally I think summer would give me enough time to spend time with my family and have fun before starting the next semester. What about the winter break, how long is that for you? Also, what about residency? How many weeks or months off do you guys get when you go through? Thanks for taking your time in answering. I appreciate it.
Just a few questions for the med students here. When you go through a medical school, exactly how many months out of the year are you actually in school? The reason I'm asking is because I've been reading some threads here where people expressed they are not sure whether to apply to medical school or not because of how long it is. But I figure the four years of hard work while you're in doesn't really sound all that long if you get a few months off in the summer, right? Personally I think summer would give me enough time to spend time with my family and have fun before starting the next semester. What about the winter break, how long is that for you? Also, what about residency? How many weeks or months off do you guys get when you go through? Thanks for taking your time in answering. I appreciate it.
you get 3 weeks off each year, one week at a time, when it's convenient for THEM to give you vacation. Most months you'll have only 4-6 days off, and they'll only be Sat/Sun.