Time required to finish OME incl. of Flashcards, videos, qbank, tables and charts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM/EM/CCM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time for OME to be finished?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OME advises at least 8 weeks. 12 would be safer and they have a downloadable schedule for that. 12 weeks also allows you to do more questions than just their qbank. I wouldn’t get hung up on the flash cards, I didn’t find them terribly special. Just a good way to solidify the knowledge 48 hours after watching the video. I wouldn’t really go through them more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
OME advises at least 8 weeks. 12 would be safer and they have a downloadable schedule for that. 12 weeks also allows you to do more questions than just their qbank. I wouldn’t get hung up on the flash cards, I didn’t find them terribly special. Just a good way to solidify the knowledge 48 hours after watching the video. I wouldn’t really go through them more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember a lot from flashcards. Do you think its worth the time? Like Will it solidify Flowcharts and tables?

Not as well as the quicktables will, especially if you write the algorithms into it. I used sticky notes when there wasn't enough white space for the algorithms. Trust in their process. It works. I think it is better if you do it throughout third year though.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

flash cards are nothing great but take barely any time to go over and I do find they allow you re-infornce some quick 'high' yield pearls that you forget soon after watching videos especially for more benign conditions, so definitely worth it. Ex/// treatment of sterile u/a prostatitis = NSAIDs, totally forgot about it after the uro vids but came back 2 days later and now I know if I come across a Q about tender prostate but u/a sterile I'll get that extra point. Whereas I'd otherwise be tripping over why the u/a is negative and thinking what to do cause I'd be looking for the ab to treat prostatitis