Time to decide to keep or reschedule MCAT date: 3+ point increase possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

riseNshine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

So I'm contemplating what to do about my September 6th mcat date. My scores went from 28(aamc 3) to 32 (aamc 5) to 32 (kaplan 2) again in the last week or so and I'm a retaker (previous score was 28) so I'm aiming high (34 or higher).

I'm not quite sure if I should bank on my score improving these past 2 weeks. I do have time set completely aside for mcat study, but I don't know how exactly to improve these scores. Latest exam was a 12-9-11, taken today.

I guess my question is....for people that were in this scenario, did your scores improve by 2+ in the last stretch? Any recommendations from anyone or advice/comments/etc. are appreciated!

Thanks
 
You NEED to start doing 1 AAMC practice MCAT every other day until the exam date. Intensely review the exam you took on the days in between practice tests.

I would pass on the Kaplan tests for now and only do the AAMCs, unless you have already depleted those. If depleted, please use The Berkley Review CBTs.

If you are getting 33-34-35 range, (at least 3 in a row) i think you will be ready for game day.

Another helpful tip: one the days in between practice AAMC tests, you can do 1 verbal passage from either EK 101 or other source.

Regards