Time to think about reapplication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've received 5 rejections pre-interview and have 3 schools to hear back from about interviews. It's almost March and with not a single interview invitation, do you guys think I am just going to be one of the rejections when they send out mass rejection letters after all their interviews? I havent heard from a school since December. Kind of stinks because I think my application will be weaker in terms of recs, but hopefully my GPA will go up at least.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 3 interviews scheduled and have been planning on reapplying since January 1st. Until you have an acceptance in hand, I think it's wise to keep boosting your app in case you need to reapply.

If you're still in touch with your professors, ask them if they could resend your LOR into Interfolio/letter service (you did send thank you's to your LOR writers, right?). Work on additional volunteering or advancing/enriching your existing ECs. Retake the MCAT this spring if necessary, up your GPA if not.

And remember that you're not out of the running yet. But it can't hurt to prepare as if you were.

Hi, I've received 5 rejections pre-interview and have 3 schools to hear back from about interviews. It's almost March and with not a single interview invitation, do you guys think I am just going to be one of the rejections when they send out mass rejection letters after all their interviews? I havent heard from a school since December. Kind of stinks because I think my application will be weaker in terms of recs, but hopefully my GPA will go up at least.

It is never over until it is over. set plan B into motion and hope for the best. At this stage ur best hope for an interview is from your state school and that is if you've not been rejected already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I hate having to worry about building my app. more. My GPA has gone up and up since sophomore year. Avoiding the MCAT and cost of reapplication will be nice. I got my state school left, UIC which I go to UIUC for undergrad and Philly. Do you guys think I should call in and ask for an update?

Unfortunatly we are very close to the end of the interview cycle...may want to look into post bacs...start planning for next year...and if you get lucky this year great...if not you will next year!

Wow, I called my state school for an update. They told me I'm been approved for an interview and that I'll be getting an interview in a couple of days with the specifics. CRAZY!

Nice!!!! Congratulations Silver!

I have 3 interviews scheduled and have been planning on reapplying since January 1st. Until you have an acceptance in hand, I think it's wise to keep boosting your app in case you need to reapply.

If you're still in touch with your professors, ask them if they could resend your LOR into Interfolio/letter service (you did send thank you's to your LOR writers, right?). Work on additional volunteering or advancing/enriching your existing ECs. Retake the MCAT this spring if necessary, up your GPA if not.

And remember that you're not out of the running yet. But it can't hurt to prepare as if you were.

you need to chill out. you totally said that thinking that he didnt send thank yous and was going to freak out. plus even if he didnt..its really not that big of a deal.

you totally said that thinking that he didnt send thank yous and was going to freak out.
Why would you say that? I would assume that folks do write thank you's to their LOR writers. My comment was pointing out why it's a good idea to do so, aside from courtesy.
plus even if he didnt..its really not that big of a deal.
Nah, no biggie. But when you ask someone to do something nice for you, like write a letter on you behalf, and don't thank them, you feel like a real schmuck asking them to write another one. And some won't go out of their way to write a better one...

Regardless, congrats on the interview, silver. Did you call the other two schools you hadn't heard back from too?

Plan ahead but don't give up hope yet! I just got my first interview invite today - it's far from too late. Thinking about what you need to work on to boost yourself is never a bad idea but don't get down on yourself.
Good luck!