1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Time2Track and HIPAA Compliance

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Boston2k, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Boston2k

10+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    I was wondering if Time2Track is possibly not HIPAA compliant? While I would think it has to be, and training programs have either paid for it outright or encouraged its use, from a look at government documentation online (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/index.html), it seems that it may not meet deidentification policy for date of service data (criteria pasted below from website):

It seems like Time2Track would be considered a "business associate" under HIPAA parlance, and I have no recollection of seeing anything on their site meeting the governmental standard (pasted from the aforementioned site):

While I recognize this is a fair bit paranoid, I did have some concern before using the service, and thought I would put this out there.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zigman

Zigman Neuropsych Fellow
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I agree. When I started tracking my clinical hours I was encouraged to use T2T. However, I was not comfortable with the confidentiality issue and didn't want to pay the money for something I could do with an excel spreadsheet. So, I used an excel spreadsheet all through school. It worked just fine when it came time to submit the APPI.

4. Quynh2007

Quynh2007 the oracle of destiny
    10+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    ditto, I've got a google excel sheet that i've been keeping since my pre-practicum days and just update it whenever wherever...

5. psybee

psybee Psychology Grad Student!
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    Would anyone mind sharing their spreadsheet with me? I am looking for a spreadsheet to use for tracking hours that matches the setup of the most current APPIC. So very much obliged!!