1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Time2Track and HIPAA Compliance

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Boston2k, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Boston2k

10+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    I was wondering if Time2Track is possibly not HIPAA compliant? While I would think it has to be, and training programs have either paid for it outright or encouraged its use, from a look at government documentation online (http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/index.html), it seems that it may not meet deidentification policy for date of service data (criteria pasted below from website):

It seems like Time2Track would be considered a "business associate" under HIPAA parlance, and I have no recollection of seeing anything on their site meeting the governmental standard (pasted from the aforementioned site):

While I recognize this is a fair bit paranoid, I did have some concern before using the service, and thought I would put this out there.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zigman

Zigman Neuropsych Fellow
    2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I agree. When I started tracking my clinical hours I was encouraged to use T2T. However, I was not comfortable with the confidentiality issue and didn't want to pay the money for something I could do with an excel spreadsheet. So, I used an excel spreadsheet all through school. It worked just fine when it came time to submit the APPI.

4. Quynh2007

Quynh2007 the oracle of destiny
    10+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    ditto, I've got a google excel sheet that i've been keeping since my pre-practicum days and just update it whenever wherever...

5. psybee

psybee Psychology Grad Student!
    5+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    Would anyone mind sharing their spreadsheet with me? I am looking for a spreadsheet to use for tracking hours that matches the setup of the most current APPIC. So very much obliged!!