Timeline questio2019

Started by Treehun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Treehun

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 4 year ROTC commitment, and 4 year HPSP commitment. Graduated medical school in 2019. Did intern year 2019-2020. Now doing GMO.

1. Questions does intern year count as a year towards ADO?

"" All PGY2+ selects must sign a training agreement before GME participation is authorized. The training agreement sets forth the ADO. Current Department of Defense guidance requires a military service obligation for training sponsored by the government. Notwithstanding any provision that may appear in Army regulations, under the current Department of Defense Instructions governing military service obligations, a GME participant will incur an ADO under the terms of the training agreement. The final separation date and any ADO incurred for GME will be as determined by the U.S. Army Human Resources Command and will supersede ADO listed in the contract. ""

2. I'm tracking I owe an 8 year commitment. I am assuming I will do 2 GMO years. Does that 8 year obligation shrink down to a 6 year ADO?

3. essential question; What year do I leave the service if I do an IM residency?

The "math" confuses me due to the ROTC ADO. Can anyone advise?

Thank you.
 
2028 is the earliest you can leave the military. If you do IM residency (assuming you did IM intern year and they don’t make you extend your residency to accommodate res-intern time) you would get out in 2030.