Timers on MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kidgorgeous

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are they allowed?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The proctor allowed us to use a table timer when i took the exam in april. I wouldnt count on it though. Bring a wristwatch with a timer.

Members don't see this ad :)
aren't there clocks on the wall just incase you can't have your watch??? i'd go nuts without a watch and maybe should bring two incase one fails or i need to bribe someone :D

Psycho Doctor said:
aren't there clocks on the wall just incase you can't have your watch??? i'd go nuts without a watch and maybe should bring two incase one fails or i need to bribe someone :D

Not necessarily.

My proctor wrote the time on the board and used an egg timer. It sounded like my alarm clock. It was awful.
Also, this must have been the first time he had administered a test. He seemed really nervous.

Real advice my dad gave me before the MCAT:

"See if you can bring an egg-timer to the test. That way the tick-tick-ticking will annoy everyone else so you can do better. And if they don't let you, I would suggest verbally making that tick-tick-tick sound throughout the day because it would probably have the same effect."

DAD!!!

You are no longer allowed to bring timers during the MCAT. However, wrist watches are allowed, but it must remain on your wrist at all times (at least that's what we were told during the April sitting). I understand allowing only wrist watches, but what's the difference if it's on your wrist or on your desk infront of you?

flootofatook25 said:
You are no longer allowed to bring timers during the MCAT. However, wrist watches are allowed, but it must remain on your wrist at all times (at least that's what we were told during the April sitting). I understand allowing only wrist watches, but what's the difference if it's on your wrist or on your desk infront of you?

Then it would make the MCAT experience a little relaxing and shows you have some control.