Step II Timing of Step 2 CK for IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Barbecue

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I'm a US M4 applying to internal medicine, with an end goal of academic hem/onc. I have a pretty good application, so I've applied to the top 15 programs + 13 mid-tier programs. The only thing missing from my app is Step 2 CK, which I'm scheduled to take in 10 days.

Unfortunately, I have not been doing as well as I'd like on recent uworld tests, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should delay it for another month.

I've been through ~30% of Uworld with ~75% average correct. My UWSA1 two weeks ago was a reasonable 249, but a couple recent timed Uworld tests have been poorer than I expected. I'll be taking NBME 7 later this afternoon.

My relevant application stats are below. Does anyone know how Step 2 is viewed by the top IM programs? Is it more important to get the score in early, or more important to ensure a good score?

Thanks for your thoughts/advice.

250 Step 1
Good LORs
10+ pubs
Extra research year
Top-20 medical school
IM honors
Not AOA or GHHS
 
Last edited: