timing of supplemental materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physics Guy1421

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For most schools, it says to send supplemental materials: application fee, photo, DAT scores, transcripts, etc. when you submit the AADSAS application.

I submitted my AADSAS app. over the weekend, and I'm wondering if I should wait until my AADSAS status indicates that my app. has been printed and mailed. Or should I sent all of this stuff ASAP. I have all the supplemental stuff set to be mailed, I just want to double check.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man. I'm pretty sure you can send your supplementals (checks, 2x2's and stuff). The schools should just keep it on file, as long as you have your AADSAS # included. I'm submitting soon, and going to send all the supplementals out to whatever schools said on AADSAS "send at the same time".

Oh, and if you want to make sure your supplementals arrive, then send them "certified mail" so you get a signed returned receit, or just call the schools. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and if you want to make sure your supplementals arrive, then send them "certified mail" so you get a signed returned receit, or just call the schools. :thumbup:

Hey man thanks, credited mail is a really good idea. I always worry whether or not they actually receive my mail.

Get your application in by the end of June. I talked to a guy at UBuffalo around July 2nd last year and he said at that point they already had 1500 app's by then (this was for 2008 cycle). Your still ahead of the game though.

Good luck!

Hey man thanks, credited mail is a really good idea. I always worry whether or not they actually receive my mail.

Get your application in by the end of June. I talked to a guy at UBuffalo around July 2nd last year and he said at that point they already had 1500 app's by then (this was for 2008 cycle). Your still ahead of the game though.

Good luck!

Wow thats insane if UB had that many apps by early July!!!!!!!!!!! I really really want to go there. I guess I better submitt tomorrow, but I'm not taking the DAT until end of July....they'll have to wait for my scores.

That is frickin ridiculous.

Yeah but are all of them completed applications? I really doubt that any schools will have that many completed applications by then.

Yeah but are all of them completed applications? I really doubt that any schools will have that many completed applications by then.

I have no idea if they were completed or not, he (Dr. Joynt) just said "we have 1500 applications already" and I had met with him July 2nd.

def send them now. Because then all that you have to wait for is for your aadsas to get mailed, and right when they get that, you have everything completed!

I didn't put my soc sec or aadsas Id number on any of my supplemental stuff (apps, pics, checks), and they still properly matched it with my aadsas. (i called the schools yesterday since they just received my AADSAS and I had sent out all my supplemental stuff on May 17th and they had received all of my stuff and put it together in a file).

So because I mailed out my supplemental stuff before, all my stuff is all done! now just the process of waiting!

Nice Job! Unfortunetly on May17th, I was still taking finals, and grades weren't done until last week of may - first week of June. I'm submitting tomorrow.