Timing...

commymommy

*reformed commymommy*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, csgirl, don't sell yourself short...you might just be surprised by all of those "hormonal" feelings ;)

In terms of timing, I would say that every female med student, resident, fellow proclaims that they had their child at the "perfect" time ;) Whether it be med school, residency or fellowsship. There are unique demands during each of those times, and I think that that is something that you would have to tailor to your own personal family needs. You are earning money during residency (albeit not much) but you will also be taking call q3 and q4 and that will be pretty exhausting...take stock of what you "want" out of parenting and for your child....what your visions are for your family and then move forward from there on where to work it in...I have two friends who did med school and residency (Internal Med) and then accepted part-time positions to begin raising a family......different strokes for diferent folks...I guess you have to find what works best for you!

Good luck, and keep everyone posted !!!!

kris

Members don't see this ad.

ooooooooooooops cs girl, sorry...I was trying to reply to you and I ended up with a thread on its own :oops:

Kris