Tips for passage based questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shefv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having difficulty with passage based questions. I have a good grasp of the content and knowledge but I seem to keep missing the passage based questions. Any tips on how to work through them more efficiently? When practicing, I am reading the passages fully (not just skimming through them) and also making notes if needed (passage mapping).

Also, would someone be interested in doing group study sessions to go over data/charts/graphs etc? I am having some difficulty with interpreting them and getting the passage based questions right. Or if you know of a good resource to use to get better at this - please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I generally read the questions first and only use the passage if I have to for PS, and the same for BS but usually read more of the passage for that. I don't think you will have time to read slowly and take notes. Unless you are talking about verbal.

I only jot down a couple of words or short phrases for the experiment based passages only, for the other ones I make a mental notes of what I am reading in the passage and go back to the passage only when needed.

My problem is passage based questions - I keep missing these ones. My content knowledge is good and I am able to do those questions right. Any tips specifically that I can use to deal with passage based questions?

Do you have any specific examples? Different people may be missing passage-based questions for different reasons. Also, sometimes missing passage-based questions really reflect your holes in content review.