tips on how to tackle the visa procedure and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azzure221

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i'm going to give my visa interview tomorrow so i'd like to know what they asked you guys who're done with theirs and got their visas. What do i say if they ask me "what guaratees my return back to my home country once i finish?" :eek:
would like to know what to say and what not to.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I'll like to know myself.

you can go there and bring up with you some proofs that you are going back,family link,real estates or a proof of your salary and good financial position that you cant leave behind,but you know what ?they will never be able to make sure that you will go back so it depends on luck and the way you interact with counsolar officer. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
if you have an important or influencial person or arelative in the USA who can recommends you in a letter,it might really help you out.

yes u can show real estate, family living in ur own country like parents etc. if ur spouse is on h1 visa thn u can say tht u will be going as soon as his visa terms finished. basically i think showing tht u have property in ur country should be good, but wht i want to know is should tht be in ur name or even if its family property , is it fine?
i dont know abt getting a recommendation from a relative.. if they know tht u have relatives in the us thn they think tht u have more reasons to stay back in this country. atleast thts wht happens for a visitors visa. i am not sure abt students visa though.

i meant an influencial one ann o3.

toothlord said:
i meant an influencial one ann o3.
does tht help? do u know any1 who had such a recommendation and was successful? one thing poeple advice is not to mention abt relatives in us whn applying for a visa. (now i dont know abt influential ones though.... :D )

if your relative can get a letter from his representative or state senator or a school dean ,stating that he/she knows your relative and he is a good person blah blah blah...it might work.

I guess it all depends on the mood of the officer at that time...

Azzure which country are you applying from?

Hiya,

I read in some thread that a guy was denied inspite of showing the Interview letter from a University. The Visa officer here in Chennai {India} said that s/he didn't find it as a reason to visit the US {DUH!}

Anyway, I am planning to say that I am interested in starting a buisness over there..and am going to check out the location and stuff... Wondering if that will help.

I know it's not safe to lie...but what option do we have? especially when a guy WITH a letter from the University wasn't given one? Telling the officer that you are going for DDS exam is NOT recommended by my friends ....

It is a little tricky to justify that you intent to return to your home country, once you complete you studies in United States, considering the program for which you have been admitted (The program is to make you eligible for licensure to practice in the U.S.). But don?t be discouraged, there are people who have been granted visa to do the program-after all it is a lot of money which is been pumped into the U.S. economy.
Coming to the interview part,
My personal opinion is to never indicate to the consular officer that you have family and relatives in U.S. It is a strong cause along with the Advanced standing program to be designated as a potential immigrant (214-B Status), leading to visa denial. My suggestion is to give all the documents to the consular officer and answer only when he asks for something and to the point. Don?t say anything more that what is asked for. And based on your documents, you can always weave a story about strong family and financial ties in your home country.
It will always be easier for people like Meggs, who have multiple entry visa and have come to the U.S. numerous times to demonstrate that he/she doesn't intend to stay back in U.S.

This is in response to Ajay Das?s posting, if you indicate that you plan to start a business in the U.S., you need to need to show some documentary proof of the kind of business, you intend to start and your prior experience in the field. Believe me, they don?t need another Dunkin Donuts store here.
For the consular officer to grant you a visitor?s visa to scout the locations, they might ask you to show documentary proof that you have the necessary resources to invest here. Investor Visa (EB5) is designed for those who invest one million dollars in a new enterprise that employs 10 U.S. workers (exclusive of the immigrant, his/her spouse and sons and daughters) or $500,000 if the investment is in certain rural areas or an area of unemployment of at least 150% of the national average.

Anyway, All the best to the people going for the visa.

Thanks Supremo, you're such a great help. :)

To AjayDas: If you're gonna' lie, at least make up a more believable story and so some research about the story. There' are a like a zillion visa types, for different purposes, so you might end up with the wrong one. That's for one.

About that guy that got visa rejected even with the interview letter in hand, well, he must have had something else that made the consular officer suspect of him.

Ultimatly the main requirement to get visa is that the consular office FEELS like it. No other way around it. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiya Dental Supremo... Thanks for the info. Remind me to keep my Wacky Brain under control next time before I think os doing something stupid like that.. On a serious note, is it ok to tell the Visa officer that one is going to US to be interviewed for the course?

Hiya Meggs...Naah I think I will stick to the truth..Not that good in lying anyways lol..
Just tell me what did you do to get multiple entry Visa..and I will kiss your feet :D

AjayDas said:
I read in some thread that a guy was denied inspite of showing the Interview letter from a University. The Visa officer here in Chennai {India} said that s/he didn't find it as a reason to visit the US {DUH!}

I know it's not safe to lie...but what option do we have? especially when a guy WITH a letter from the University wasn't given one? Telling the officer that you are going for DDS exam is NOT recommended by my friends ....

i know exactly what that feels like :p :smuggrin: :idea: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lasjy

lasjy said:
i know exactly what that feels like :p :smuggrin: :idea: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

:

lasjy
lasjy i guess ur the guy in spot.......
relax buddy...
all the best...
do well
may GOD bless u..... :luck: :luck:

Ok...My mind is working again. Whoa!

How about this....Apply for the Visa with your mom or dad....i.e make sure you leave one parent behind for the visa...Say he/she had some work in the native place and you both decided to have a vacation in the US?

Am sure the Visa officer wouldn't think that you would be thinking of leaving your mom/dad alone in India for ever..

AjayDas said:

How about this....Apply for the Visa with your mom or dad....i.e make sure you leave one parent behind for the visa...Say he/she had some work in the native place and you both decided to have a vacation in the US?

Am sure the Visa officer wouldn't think that you would be thinking of leaving your mom/dad alone in India for ever..

ode to your brains......... :thumbup:
three cheers to your sense of humour....... :laugh: :laugh:

AjayDas said:

or maybe he will end up thinking that first u 2 are going there and eventually ur parent (mom or dad) would join u very soon. ;)

AjayDas said:

man u're funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....for all I know the officer at the consulate would stand out near the door and hold your Visa in hand before you thought of some more devious plans!!! :D :D

Hey Elementz That was cool!! :cool:
No one knows for sure what is going around in the consulate officer's mind... :smuggrin:

itsme said:
or maybe he will end up thinking that first u 2 are going there and eventually ur parent (mom or dad) would join u very soon. ;)

Grrr...then I will bang his head and tell him that even if s/he joins me later on, the weight difference wouldn't be soo big that mother Earth would fall off her axis...But frankly speaking, had that been the case, All of us would have gone together... I am praying like crazy that after checking out my passport which has been to Europe 4 times and once to Canada in the past 3 yrs, the officer might consider me as a safe tourist... By the way, I am still wondering if it's ok to mention about the NBDE part 1 exam..or do we just say that we wanna visit our friends..I have about 3 families in the US who are not related to me in the US..but are willing to send me an invitation

Hey Elementz, judging by the way it's going, Am thinking of going and telling the visa Officer [hoping right now that's a female}.."You got 2 choices...either you marry me or, you lemme go to the US" Looking at me, she would be like "Whoa where's your application? I will let your whole family go"

Hey Ajay,
With a Canadian visa and four european visa,s well you'll be a safe tourist .Don't worry much and be genuine.
I don't know what helped me in my tourist visa but I did have a African visa stamped!! :)

Thanks Pinktooth. I Do hope so..I am not that sure whether they check your tours

Anyway, I found a nice article in Indiatimes about US Visa itz
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/654796.cms

I am putting it as a live link as my Internet explorer is showing some error in the page and not letting me click on the 'insert hyperlink' button

HEYY Tashie!
How's UPENN been to you so far dear? Glad to have you back into SDN.
Guys...Meet my mentor, my guide, my best friend Tashie..She's the one who introduced me to SDN... {now you know whom to kill ;)}

Aw, Ajay you're being too kind.. and I'm sure everyone is thanking me. ;) Who doesn't need the laughs? :D Penn is killing me, but with the amount I have to pay, at least I'm dying in style! Will check in on you guys once in a while!

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
Aw, Ajay you're being too kind.. and I'm sure everyone is thanking me. ;) Who doesn't need the laughs? :D Penn is killing me, but with the amount I have to pay, at least I'm dying in style! Will check in on you guys once in a while!
hi...tashie....how r u?????i guess its all fine at ur end...........all the best.
may GOD bless u......

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
:D Penn is killing me, but with the amount I have to pay, at least I'm dying in style!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
......good to see you after such a long time Tasha.Hows everything at Upenn? Hows Sam? We at SDN miss having you guys around! :( ....

Hi Tasha dear......how are you doing buddy?It's so nice seeing u after a loooong time.How'z life..?guess u guys are pretty busy....how'z sam..?Good luck buddy....take care :love: :luck:

LOL :hungover: :D :D hey Tashie, my stomach's hurting right now....I think you know why ;)
So howz Uncle Sam? Err..if I don't get a mail from you in 2 days, I am sorry but you will have to look for a new roomie..coz I will kill her! grrr..

WOW, you guys are awesome... thanks a lot.. I miss SDN and everyone in the 'flock' too.. :( I wish I could find more time to sit and really get involved again, but its really hard :( Sam is good, he's all serious about school, but once in a while we get together and then he's his usual funny self. :) Thank you elementz and meetlife, I love to read your posts whenever I log on.. Wiz dear, sorry for not writing, between school and the struggle to keep myself clean, well fed and sane, I will try and PM you regularly... And of course my pal Das.. Sorry for polluting your thread with my personal messages, I'm actually skipping a class to mail you so you can't complain!!! :D

All the best to ALL of you, let me know if I can help in anyway! Bye for now!

Tasha

ToTaLLy_TaSha said:
WOW, you guys are awesome... thanks a lot.. I miss SDN and everyone in the 'flock' too.. :( I wish I could find more time to sit and really get involved again, but its really hard :( Sam is good, he's all serious about school, but once in a while we get together and then he's his usual funny self. :) Thank you elementz and meetlife, I love to read your posts whenever I log on.. Wiz dear, sorry for not writing, between school and the struggle to keep myself clean, well fed and sane, I will try and PM you regularly... And of course my pal Das.. Sorry for polluting your thread with my personal messages, I'm actually skipping a class to mail you so you can't complain!!! :D

All the best to ALL of you, let me know if I can help in anyway! Bye for now!

Tasha
hi how r u?????its great u take time out for us........dear thanks a lot.......pray for all of us........do well......take care......have fun...enjoy yourself........

hey ajay das, grow up man. post replies that are relevant to the issue. and if you have any screwball schemes keep them to yourself or else try them out yourself and then let us know. and please IM people you know on this bb privately.
people check up on this board regularly to see if their problems can be solved. they dont want to open the page thinking that there are new posts only to find out that its just 2 people using this forum to messege each other.

Whoa..Am sorry Kishn if I offended your sentiments..I realize this thread has gone a bit wide. But then, if you DO have some problems regarding the Visa, let us know so that we can help you out.
By the way, I just checked out all your posts... Errr... You always complaining or what..You haven't spared anyone :D

What do you expect when our loong lost SDN friend turns up? Forget him/her?

Anyway, on a serious note, like you yourself said,next time you don't like some's post, try PMing them and letting them know so that they take the necessary step. I am not gonna post anything more about you and expect the same from you. We are all here as friends. Let us keep it to that. I don't intend to be drawn into some kiddish fight.

kishn said:
hey ajay das, grow up man. post replies that are relevant to the issue. and if you have any screwball schemes keep them to yourself or else try them out yourself and then let us know. and please IM people you know on this bb privately.
people check up on this board regularly to see if their problems can be solved. they dont want to open the page thinking that there are new posts only to find out that its just 2 people using this forum to messege each other.

ajay i really love ur posts but i agree with kish lets open a new thread for all the other conversation and lets talk about the topic for which this thread was opened.Its getting slightly out of track here.

My apologies Ali for taking it off the track...Like you said, we gotta make a new one..
Just that it could have been said in a better manner instead of been so rude..

Has anyone thought of this?

Try opting for Canada as your exam centre..It's much easier to get a Canadian Visa! More importantly, when you get called by a college in the US for the interview, You wouldn't have to sit in front of the Visa officer explaining to him/her why are you trying to re-enter US again and that after being there recently.[I take it for granted that 80% of you will not be disclosing anything about NBDE as that reduces you chances of getting a visa considerably]

Any comments would be appreciated. This is what I am doing.

Err thanks guys for your wonderful mails and PMs...Feels good to know that I've got friends who care ;)

Hey Guy I Dunno How Helpful This Would Be

I Am On An F-1 Visa
Heres The List Of Paperwork I Got Done For F-1 Visa

Firstly You Need A Good Financial Statementpreppared By A Chartered Acountant
Should Contain The Amount Both In Dollars And Rupees (the Amount Hown Should Be Atleast 2 Anda Half Times Taht Of The First Years Fees For Teh Course Atleast And Teh Money In The Bank Account Shoud Be In Your Name And Not In Anyone Elses Names)
Whould Show Both Movable And Immovable Assets Teh More Teh Movables Assets E.g Shares Socks Bonds Fd Nss Bank Balance , The Better They Give Importance To Liquod Fuihnds Ratehr Tahn Solid Funds
Along With These You Need All The Suppeorting Dociuments Too

On The Day Of The Interview Your Luck Counts As Ell As Your Body Languge Too
Pray A Lot
Theres Is Soemthign Known As A Statement Of Intent Tooo This Contains What You Plan To Do With Whteveer Course You Are Opting For
Out Theer At Teh Consulate T Really Matters On Your Persona;ity To Convince Them Taht You Will Return Back To India
As I Had Opted For A Course In Dental Public Health I Coud Convince Him That I Wa Sneeded More Back Hoe In India Ather Than The Us

Hopw This Is Enough I Wnet Through The Visa Thing A Year Back Will Write More Once I Remember More

One Thing I Know For Sure The Visa Situation Is Quite Bad Nowadays More Rejection Rrates Especially High Rejection Rates With Respect To Undergraduate Programs It Is Relatively Easiert O Get A Visa For Graduate Studies
One More The Family Is Never Bought By Teh Counsellore Officer They Tpp Are Intelligent Nowadays So Do Not Try That

Anyway All The Best

Never Ever Tell The Officer About Nbde If You Are Trying For A Visitors Visa

docabnormal said:
Hey Guy I Dunno How Helpful This Would Be

I Am On An F-1 Visa
Heres The List Of Paperwork I Got Done For F-1 Visa

Firstly You Need A Good Financial Statementpreppared By A Chartered Acountant
Should Contain The Amount Both In Dollars And Rupees (the Amount Hown Should Be Atleast 2 Anda Half Times Taht Of The First Years Fees For Teh Course Atleast And Teh Money In The Bank Account Shoud Be In Your Name And Not In Anyone Elses Names)
Whould Show Both Movable And Immovable Assets Teh More Teh Movables Assets E.g Shares Socks Bonds Fd Nss Bank Balance , The Better They Give Importance To Liquod Fuihnds Ratehr Tahn Solid Funds
Along With These You Need All The Suppeorting Dociuments Too

On The Day Of The Interview Your Luck Counts As Ell As Your Body Languge Too
Pray A Lot
Theres Is Soemthign Known As A Statement Of Intent Tooo This Contains What You Plan To Do With Whteveer Course You Are Opting For
Out Theer At Teh Consulate T Really Matters On Your Persona;ity To Convince Them Taht You Will Return Back To India
As I Had Opted For A Course In Dental Public Health I Coud Convince Him That I Wa Sneeded More Back Hoe In India Ather Than The Us

Hopw This Is Enough I Wnet Through The Visa Thing A Year Back Will Write More Once I Remember More

One Thing I Know For Sure The Visa Situation Is Quite Bad Nowadays More Rejection Rrates Especially High Rejection Rates With Respect To Undergraduate Programs It Is Relatively Easiert O Get A Visa For Graduate Studies
One More The Family Is Never Bought By Teh Counsellore Officer They Tpp Are Intelligent Nowadays So Do Not Try That

Anyway All The Best

Never Ever Tell The Officer About Nbde If You Are Trying For A Visitors Visa

well said docabnormal...this post of your shall be very useful to all our friends back in their home countries trying to get here....

Hey Docabnormal, thanks dude ;)

For the rest, I managed to steal some words of wisdom from some super-secret archive and am pasting it here. ....This was actually meant for job interview..But I guess, it's pretty helpful

NEGATIVE INTERVIEW FACTORS

1. Poor personal appearance
2. Defensive response to criticism
3. Late for interview
4. Narrow interests
5. Limp handshake
6. Strong prejudices
7. Sloppy application
8. Cynical attitude
9. Discourtesy
10. No involvement in extracurricular activities.
11. Tactlessness
12. Wanting job for a short period of time
13. Immaturity
14. Just shopping around
15. Passive or indifferent manner
16. Unwilling to start at bottom
17. Poor verbal communication
18. Condemnation of past employers
19. Poor grammar
20. Overemphasis on money
21. Overbearing, conceited tone
22. Little or no interest in organization
23. Vague responses to questions
24. Lack of career focus or goals
25. Lack of confidence and poise

HELPFUL INTERVIEW TECHNIQUES

Be energetic, full of life. In brief, be a person of interest. Never be just an applicant or just another job seeker.
Show your self-confidence with a firm handshake.
Do not chew gum or smoke, even if offered a cigarette. Do not smoke prior to the interview as smoke odors cling to clothes, hair, etc.
Be pleasant, friendly, courteous, and tactful.
Be relaxed, cool, and calm.
Always maintain good eye contact. Follow the interviewer?s eyes.
Listen carefully and answer the questions asked. Don?t go off on tangents.
Keep your answers short and to the point, unless you?re asked to elaborate.
Use facial expressions and gestures to help communicate your thoughts and convey your personality.
Restate your interest in the position at the close of an interview.

QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT ASK

Areas to cover if not already brought up by employer are:

Where does this position fit into the organizational structure? (employee vs independent contractor etc, associateship leading to partnership)
How will the work be evaluated?
What kind of supervision will there be?
On the average, what types of procedures can be done and what type of patients you can expect to see in a day?
What are the office policies?
Are there any long-range plans for the practice?
What type(s) of dental insurance is taken?

CLOSING THE INTERVIEW

If you sense the interviewer is trying to close the interview and you are interested in the position, briefly highlight your relevant skills and, if you have any pertinent questions, ask them at this time. However, questions about benefits or information can be covered in a second interview or meeting, should you be offered the position. Before you leave, ask what the final selection process will be. Follow up your interview with a thank-you note. In this note, you may refer to specific issues which were discussed, express your thanks, and re-state your interest in the position. Also, provide whatever credentials, references, or employment applications may have been requested by the employer. If you do not hear from the employer in the specified period of time, you should contact the employer with a phone call.

PROBLEM AREAS

What to do about illegal questions

There are several questions that employers may not legally ask applicants. These include questions about race, religion, national origin, marital status, children, relatives, age, birthplace of applicant or relatives, prior record, and labor union activities. If you are asked a question that you feel might be used to discriminate against you in the selection process, you can refuse to answer and point out that the question is illegal, or you may wish to answer the question and tactfully state that the information has no bearing on your ability or eagerness to perform on the job. Many times, illegal questions are innocently asked because the interviewer is inexperienced at interviewing. Remember, most dentists are not professional recruiters.

Note of Caution: Employers are perfectly within bounds in asking questions about prior work, experience, academic background, GPA, and how you financed your education. They are required to make all employment decisions in a manner which ensures that discrimination does not occur. It is improper to ask handicapped applicants about their disabling condition. In order to determine whether a handicap will affect a person?s performance, questions should be asked in regard to the person?s ability to do activities that are job-related. Therefore, it would not be appropriate to ask a job applicant if he has impaired vision, but it would be permitted to ask if an applicant has a valid driver?s license (if such is required on the job). Make sure you know whether a question is illegal before you question the interviewer about its appropriateness.

How to handle sensitive areas such as low GPA, unemployment, and having been fired

There are weaknesses in almost everyone?s background. The best thing to do is to be honest about major problems and present your case in a positive manner. For any sensitive area, you must honestly explain the circumstances and avoid blaming others (e.g., if you blame a professor for failure, an interviewer will assume you?ll also blame a boss for failure).

I have a toursist visa and when the immigration officer asked me why I was flying to the U.S. that day I told her I was taking the Part 3 bench exam. She just asked for proof of the schedule and where and how long I was staying and let me through. All under 5 mins. and no further questions.

I have a friend in a similar situation but she lied about her intent and they interrogated her for 2 hours until she cried. They let her go in the end and told her they just wanted the truth. THe next time she lies she won't be able to go through.

Whatever you say they have it in the computer so I always think it's best to tell the truth.

well , checked this forum after a long time now :D missed u all. howz life in penn tasha???? if u get killed better be by a ivy league :D
mommy yr u must be a canadian citizen. for some reason its easier to get visitors visa frm canada and south america and even europe than asian countries. ajay, u can write in canada. its easier to get canadian visa. if u have family thr thn get an invitation frm thm . i dont think u will havea problem. u can try the us visa for the interviews

AjayDas said:
Has anyone thought of this?

Try opting for Canada as your exam centre..It's much easier to get a Canadian Visa! More importantly, when you get called by a college in the US for the interview, You wouldn't have to sit in front of the Visa officer explaining to him/her why are you trying to re-enter US again and that after being there recently.[I take it for granted that 80% of you will not be disclosing anything about NBDE as that reduces you chances of getting a visa considerably]

Any comments would be appreciated. This is what I am doing.

hey ajay,
this is exactly what i did. its much easier trust me. someone had mentioned about having canadian and european travel stamps aids u in getting a visa. this may be partly true but not entirely. i was denied and american visit visa to go and attend BU interview and this inspite of the fact of having a canadian stamp on my passport. i don't know how miss tasha the cow got through with all the arab stamps but thats alll they looked at on my passport when i applied and got rejected at the chennai consulate.

i am going to canada again this time to give the exam because i know i will get a visa. the best thing is since i already hold a canadian stamp on my visa i don't have to go in person to get another one. besides new delhi is a long way off from blr. i can choose to send it by post or drop box. if u have held a visa to US, Canada, australia, UK or new zealand within the last 5 years u don't need to go in person for the visa. cool enough.

what looms over my head all this time is that is it worth all this trouble. if i do by some miracle go again to canada, give my exam and come out with a magic score, get admission into some college and go for a student visa.....will i be refused a student visa because of the rejection for the visit visa. i know 1 rejection stamp makes a difference. i know some people who have got through like this but it sounds dissuasive.

just a thought with lots of negative foresight. don't take it personally.

lasjy

Hey Lasjy,
I would suggest you not to lose hope,Take one step at a time.First concentrate on NDBE then tackle the US visa problem..
Don't overwhelm yourself with problems,
Take care

Hey lasjy!! i was denied a US visa the first time i took NDBE , despite having the canadian stamp, took my test both times in Canada, but by some stroke of luck and a lot of prayers they let me in for the interviews , the VO told me that he would give me a 3 weeks visa but when i got my passport back it (visa) was valid for 3 months( guess he was just trying to judge my reaction to what he said) , when i got down the immigration officer extended my visa f to 6 months , although i did make it a point to leave US in three weeks as there was a annotation on my visa. I think it somehow works out for all of us(although i am still in suspense for F-1) keep working hard and believe in the power of prayers , good luck :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

First things first. I had sent a mail to Kish_n asking him to make friends instead of enemies{No bad words included ;) Not even 'idiot'} after he flamed in this very thread...I put him in my ignore list so that he doesn't irritate me and this is what he does in reply.He thought he could get away with it and no one would come to know :D...I have captured it and am posting it in a different site as it cannot be posted in SDN. Have a look to know the REAL Kish_n
{{{EDIT = Link's removed now that its done it's job ;)}}}
He thinks he is some Sherlock Holmes....My guess is that he has some friend/relative in SDM college who spoon-feeds him all the information.

Why am I posting this here? Coz here's where it all started....... Well.... my first idea was to ignore that mail completely. but then, I feel my friends here in SDN have the right to know what kind of a guy they are dealing with. A few more like him and SDN will go down the drain. And I am not alone in receiving such mails. He has done the same with someone else too.He thinks knowing someone's details like " what you got in your room", or"g/f's name" which, the whole world knows, is supposed to scare me off or something.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE DEALING WITH HIM....I mean you might drop dead laughing him :D:D:D

Hey Kish_n aka Sherlock Holmes, you are one funny guy :D:D:D. We would all appreciate it if you stop doing such kiddish things....And one more fact...You got the details right...well almost...I don't lisp ;)

Hey Lasjy,
Is it worth the trouble? OF COURSE IT IS ;)
That post of yours really made me think! There are a few posts here which state "Never tell them about NBDE". Then, there are a few which say " Tell them the truth" Now you say that you were denied once.....wondering what am I going to do :D
Anyway, seriously speaking, the problem is the "tourist Visa" coz you don't have a valid reason to be there... F1 application is a different game alltogether.

Hey PINKTOOTH, I feel it's more like a journey through a desert. You take it up inspite of knowing that it's difficult { Am comparing it to my studies } But it's more difficult doing that if you are not sure of reaching your destination. Lasjy cleared his part1, got invited for an interview, got rejected by the counsulate...hmm...this sounds tooooo philosophical..forget it...

Disclaimer...This is not Ajay's posting. Ajay is NOT ADDICTED to SDN and so will not login to SDN for 2 wks atleast as he promised in some other thread...In case you are reading this, it just means he has somehow managed to pour his thoughts into SDN without logging

p.s Difficult to ignore such hard hiting posts like Lasjy's ;)