tips on how to tackle the visa procedure and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I forgot to mention...Glad to know that you going to Canada lasjy.. I just hope you have opted for PBT and are going to University of Toronto. Atleast, I would know someone over there

Members don't see this ad.

AjayDas said:
First things first. I had sent a mail to Kish_n asking him to make friends instead of enemies{No bad words included ;) Not even 'idiot'} after he flamed in this very thread...I put him in my ignore list so that he doesn't irritate me and this is what he does in reply.He thought he could get away with it and no one would come to know :D...I have captured it and am posting it in a different site as it cannot be posted in SDN. Have a look to know the REAL Kish_n

http://drajaydas.tripod.com/funny.jpg

He thinks he is some Sherlock Holmes....My guess is that he has some friend/relative in SDM college who spoon-feeds him all the information.

Why am I posting this here? Coz here's where it all started....... Well.... my first idea was to ignore that mail completely. but then, I feel my friends here in SDN have the right to know what kind of a guy they are dealing with. A few more like him and SDN will go down the drain. And I am not alone in receiving such mails. He has done the same with someone else too.He thinks knowing someone's details like " what you got in your room", or"g/f's name" which, the whole world knows, is supposed to scare me off or something.PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE DEALING WITH HIM....I mean you might drop dead laughing him :D:D:D

Hey Kish_n aka Sherlock Holmes, you are one funny guy :D:D:D. We would all appreciate it if you stop doing such kiddish things....And one more fact...You got the details right...well almost...I don't lisp ;)

And then people wonder why the forum "has lost its flavuor"... :rolleyes:

EDIT: This wasn't directed towards AjayDas's post, but rather to the proof he provides of the behavior of trolls that "vini, vidi, vinci" in this forum.

AjayDas said:
I forgot to mention...Glad to know that you going to Canada lasjy.. Atleast, I would know someone over there
like who ????? :confused:

btw any SDN people going to U of tor. for paper based test july 12th. let me know. shall meet u there.
lasjy

Members don't see this ad :)
hey ajay, ooooh your such a whiz with computers!! wonder why you took up dentistry when you could have become such a good technician :laugh:
i've visited your college a lot of times. and seen your room too because a very good friend of mine was your roomate +pity+

Hey Lasjy....I meant you dude :D:D Even I am going to toronto for the exam ;)

I just wanted to ask you regarding your post..You have mentioned US,UK and........but not Europe...Are you sure Europe doesn't count? I don't wanna go all the way to Delhi only to find out later that my presence was not required.

AjayDas said:
Hey Lasjy,
Is it worth the trouble? OF COURSE IT IS ;)
That post of yours really made me think! There are a few posts here which state "Never tell them about NBDE". Then, there are a few which say " Tell them the truth" Now you say that you were denied once.....wondering what am I going to do :D
Anyway, seriously speaking, the problem is the "tourist Visa" coz you don't have a valid reason to be there... F1 application is a different game alltogether.

Hey PINKTOOTH, I feel it's more like a journey through a desert. You take it up inspite of knowing that it's difficult { Am comparing it to my studies } But it's more difficult doing that if you are not sure of reaching your destination. Lasjy cleared his part1, got invited for an interview, got rejected by the counsulate...hmm...this sounds tooooo philosophical..forget it...

Disclaimer...This is not Ajay's posting. Ajay is NOT ADDICTED to SDN and so will not login to SDN for 2 wks atleast as he promised in some other thread...In case you are reading this, it just means he has somehow managed to pour his thoughts into SDN without logging

p.s Difficult to ignore such hard hiting posts like Lasjy's ;)
congrats calvin.......ur transmorgifier is working.........or u met ajay from another planet ........made him study and u logged in here???? :laugh: :laugh:

AjayDas said:
Hey Lasjy....I meant you dude :D:D Even I am going to toronto for the exam ;)

I just wanted to ask you regarding your post..You have mentioned US,UK and........but not Europe...Are you sure Europe doesn't count? I don't wanna go all the way to Delhi only to find out later that my presence was not required.

hey ajay,
duh!! sorry. i didn't know u were coming to U of Tor. Cool!! i'd love to meet the jester of SDN :laugh:

as far as SDN goes i shall post the link to u about ur doubts of canadian visa.

here it is
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/new-delhi/visitingcanada-en.asp

How do I apply?

There are several ways that you can apply.

In person:

The High Commission is located at 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi. You may apply in person for the personal presentation of applications.

Effective 2 June 2003, the office hours are:

Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.

All persons who present during these office hours will receive a decision (visa, refusal, more information requested) the same day between 3:00 and 5:30 p.m. If an application is refused, a written explanation will accompany the returned documents.

Drop off service

IMPORTANT - Applicants holding valid visas or with previous travel within the last five years to :thumbup: Canada, :thumbup: Australia, :thumbup: the United Kingdom, :p the United States or :thumbup: New Zealand, or who are over 60 years of age are eligible to use our special drop off box service.

An application may be submitted on behalf of an applicant by a third party.

The passport, documents and visa, if applicable, may be collected the next day (effective November 1, 2002) between the hours of 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday. If an application is refused, a written explanation will accompany the returned documents. If a personal interview is required, you will be so advised. For the submission of drop-off (Box) applications, office hours are:

Monday - Thursday 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. until March 1, 2004. Please note that effective March 1, 2004, our afternoon drop off hours are 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Results are given on a next working day basis.

Please note that drop off applications submitted on Thursdays are returned on Mondays.

By mail

You may also apply by mail, by sending your application to the
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, 110021
India

Mail-in applications with payment should be sent by registered mail. Please note that original documents should not be included in your application; kindly provide photocopies of your supporting documents. Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope so that your passport(s) may be returned to you by registered mail. Please check our processing times for mail-in applications. Bear in mind that you should allow more time for mail-in applications due to delays in the postal system.

If a personal interview is required, you will be so advised.

lasjy

Hey Lasjy, thanks a lot...Just the link I was searching for. Google uncle is not effective nowadays ;) Any advice you wanna give to anyone going to canada..Should we mention about part 1 examination?

p.s Hey meetlife, that was supposed to be my secret! Flood the world with calvins and spread the word about SDN
Lasjy, I RESENT THE STATEMENT "Jester of SDN". Coz even jesters lead a better life....they get paid atleast

AjayDas said:
Hey Lasjy, thanks a lot...Just the link I was searching for. Google uncle is not effective nowadays ;) Any advice you wanna give to anyone going to canada..Should we mention about part 1 examination?

p.s Lasjy, I RESENT THE STATEMENT "Jester of SDN". Coz even jesters lead a better life....they get paid atleast

yo Das baby,
yes u should mention that u r going for part 1 exam. i did at least. r u planing to apply for multiple entry or single entry anyway. they will ask u details about the exam and stuff like what u can do after the exams etc. i told them it was for applying to US colleges. when they asked me why i don't want to go to the US and write the exam i told them i have one in the US who i can stay with. :) good enough i guess!! ur sense of humour will probably impress them. they don't frown like those #$@%#$%@. being a jester is cool....u can probably earn more money being a comedian than a dentist at least where i live :smuggrin:

the only thing i can tell u about going to canda is when u get to the center i.e. U of Tor. don't get intimidated by all the canadian students taking the exam. i do not know whether this happens in the american centers or dental schools but the canadian students seem to come there like as if its a picnic or soiree, or something. it took me a little time to understand that they do the exam only if they get lucky to transfer over to an american school or something i guess!! :sleep:

u will overhear conversations about how they studied over the weekend, yesterday, last night, etc. don't be overwhelmed by them. last year when i took the exam in toronto i met 2 indian women before the exam began who were taking the exam too. they were chatting with me. we could see nervousness about the exam and the tension in each other faces unlike our canadian happy go lucky people from U of Tor. one of them commented to me as to how carefree they were. :laugh:

other than that last year i was the last of 166 students taking the test. they put some 30 of us in the canteen because they had no place for all the candidates in one hall. if u thought it only happens in India they forgot to put off the speaker in the canteen and it was constantly blaring loud messages calling for doctors from time to time and disturbing us all. nobody's perfect!!!

other than that they turn on a chill blasting A C inside adjusted for typical canadian weather so please carry a sweater. i did luckily and i survived frost bite.Grrrrr......nevermind.

enjoy maadi!! :rolleyes:
lasjy

Hi Lasjy,
You have given wonderful information regarding the visa application at Delhi except that the drop box syystem has beed abandoned from last july.
Take care

pinktooth said:
Hi Lasjy,
You have given wonderful information regarding the visa application at Delhi except that the drop box syystem has beed abandoned from last july.
Take care

hey pinktooth,
thanks for the info. i just got this info right off the website and pasted it. it seems like they have not updated their website probably. :sleep:

lasjy

AM BACK!!! :D I got my Visa. The Canadian counsulate has become a bit too strict now-a-days. I think about 80% of the people were denied on that particular day. Anyway, here are the details for people trying to get a Canadian Visa.
I reached the counsulate at about 5:45. The guard told me that the queue is allowed only after 8AM. I was told to wait in the lawn which was looking more like a picnic spot with lots of people especially from Punjab ;) I went to have my breakfast and returned by 7:30 only to see a queue stretching for about 1/2KM. I guess the guard didn't like my face and lied to me [grrrr] . Anyway, my turn came only at 11AM. The counsulate started accepting the applications at sharp 8:30AM. At 10:30, the Visa Officer came outside and collected the passport from the last person in the queue {exactly as Dr Lasjy had told me}. No one was allowed to join the queue after that. I got a token number once I submitted my application.
I was told to come back b/w 3-5PM. At 2:50, they started giving the passports back. Since mine hadn't been processed as yet, they asked me to wait. They stared calling token numbers in batches..the first two were the rejected ones. My number was called only at about 4:00PM.I got the Visa...without an interview..For that matter, I didn't see anyone being called for the interview...Even the rejects.

My advice for people ...
1. No point in reaching the counsulate early. You would have to wait only for about 1/2 hr if you reach by 10:15AM.
2.Again, no point in reaching the counsulate before 4PM in the evening. If you want to get scared looking at the number of people being rejected, be there at 2:50PM. You might have to wait for an hour or two in case your application hasn't been processed
3.Try not going to the guy with the specs..He is very rude.
4.Make sure you fill the application properly. One guy had to join the line from back all over again just because he forgot to fill one particular line. He wasn't allowed to stand at the window and fill it.
5.Look out for the white paper when you get the passport back!!!! This is the scary part. If you get one, it means that your Visa has been denied! The white paper is the letter stating the reason for the denial{Thanks to Lasjy for this one.}
6.You will not get an application over there. You WILL HAVE to download it from the Counsulate website. Be careful while accepting forms from an agent. The counsulate has stopped accepting old application forms. Your application will not be accepted
7.Drinking water is available...But nothing to eat...and nowhere to park your vehicle. You will have to park the vehilce atleast about 500 mts away...and finally..
8.Don't lie...I told them directly about the Part 1 examinations and that I had chosen Canada as the exam centre as I might not get a chance to visit Canada again..Probably that's what saved me. There was a lady in front of me.She wanted to visit her husband who was working in Canada. Even her application was rejected!!

Hope this helps ;)

AjayDas said:
AM BACK!!! :D I got my Visa. The Canadian counsulate has become a bit too strict now-a-days. I think about 80% of the people were denied on that particular day. Anyway, here are the details for people trying to get a Canadian Visa.
I reached the counsulate at about 5:45. The guard told me that the queue is allowed only after 8AM. I was told to wait in the lawn which was looking more like a picnic spot with lots of people especially from Punjab ;) I went to have my breakfast and returned by 7:30 only to see a queue stretching for about 1/2KM. I guess the guard didn't like my face and lied to me [grrrr] . Anyway, my turn came only at 11AM. The counsulate started accepting the applications at sharp 8:30AM. At 10:30, the Visa Officer came outside and collected the passport from the last person in the queue {exactly as Dr Lasjy had told me}. No one was allowed to join the queue after that. I got a token number once I submitted my application.
I was told to come back b/w 3-5PM. At 2:50, they started giving the passports back. Since mine hadn't been processed as yet, they asked me to wait. They stared calling token numbers in batches..the first two were the rejected ones. My number was called only at about 4:00PM.I got the Visa...without an interview..For that matter, I didn't see anyone being called for the interview...Even the rejects.

My advice for people ...
1. No point in reaching the counsulate early. You would have to wait only for about 1/2 hr if you reach by 10:15AM.
2.Again, no point in reaching the counsulate before 4PM in the evening. If you want to get scared looking at the number of people being rejected, be there at 2:50PM. You might have to wait for an hour or two in case your application hasn't been processed
3.Try not going to the guy with the specs..He is very rude.
4.Make sure you fill the application properly. One guy had to join the line from back all over again just because he forgot to fill one particular line. He wasn't allowed to stand at the window and fill it.
5.Look out for the white paper when you get the passport back!!!! This is the scary part. If you get one, it means that your Visa has been denied! The white paper is the letter stating the reason for the denial{Thanks to Lasjy for this one.}
6.You will not get an application over there. You WILL HAVE to download it from the Counsulate website. Be careful while accepting forms from an agent. The counsulate has stopped accepting old application forms. Your application will not be accepted
7.Drinking water is available...But nothing to eat...and nowhere to park your vehicle. You will have to park the vehilce atleast about 500 mts away...and finally..
8.Don't lie...I told them directly about the Part 1 examinations and that I had chosen Canada as the exam centre as I might not get a chance to visit Canada again..Probably that's what saved me. There was a lady in front of me.She wanted to visit her husband who was working in Canada. Even her application was rejected!!

Hope this helps ;)

Hey ajay,
this is exactly what happened the last time i went. :D
i couldn't have put it better. :thumbup: it will definitely be useful to anyone who reads your post. :smuggrin: hope to c ya there :luck:

lasjy

Congratulations Ajay........
all the best for the exams... :) Study well