Tips & Tricks for Studying Anatomy of the Spine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennhaggs13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone -

I am a first year PT student and I have really struggled with trying to find the best way to study for anatomy. I still feel that I haven't found the right thing that really "gels" for me. This semester we are focusing on all the components of the spine. What have been useful techniques in remembering all the components that goes into the spine? Muscles, ligaments, and motions that occur?

Anything would be helpful, just looking for additional guidance than what I have figured out thus far.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Effort is the answer, just have to memorize it unfortunately. Search Quizlet, tons of people have made image flash cards, some are even good. Flip until you get sick of flipping and then flip some more, that's anatomy.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone -

I am a first year PT student and I have really struggled with trying to find the best way to study for anatomy. I still feel that I haven't found the right thing that really "gels" for me. This semester we are focusing on all the components of the spine. What have been useful techniques in remembering all the components that goes into the spine? Muscles, ligaments, and motions that occur?

Anything would be helpful, just looking for additional guidance than what I have figured out thus far.

Thanks!
try to find some funny ways to remember innervation's. Also getting online anatomy apps helps visualize the structures

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone

I am currently a pre-physical therapy major and i will just like to share with you a few tip in studying and achieving the grade you want. Go through each word carefully and try your best to memorize it and familiarize yourself with it. Invent flash cards and read read read. Utilize the online resources such as quizlet. Practice and play close attention to what the words are referring to.