Tired of the D.O...MCAT.... argument!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocRadak

Lovin my life
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody else sick and tired of hearing people's personal opinions about the correlation between D.O. schools and MCAT scores, the MCAT and Board scores, or anything else that has to do with bashing on people with low-er-than-average MCAT scores? Its getting so old and overblown, its driving me crazy, just let it go.

If you got accepted with a high MCAT score... great job!! You should feel proud of yourselves and the work you have done to get that acceptance.

If you got accepted with a low MCAT score... great job as well!!! You should also feel proud of the work you have done to get that accpetance.

If you did not get accepted with a high score... sorry, I feel for you. But don't go talking down to people who have gotten accepted because you're mad. There was obviously something missing from your file, whether it was GPA, clinical experience, D.O. shadowing, bad interview, or anything else. Improve and re-apply next year.

If you did not get accepted with a low score... again sorry and I feel for you. You just need to make some improvements in your overall application. Improve your MCAT, GPA, experience, anything that will help.

But for those who got high MCAT scores and feel the need to bash or talk down to people with lower scores, get over yourselves. You're not that special. Your scores look great to you now, and to the admissions committees. But in a few years, nobody will care if you got a 15 or a 35, a 19 or a 39, as long as you represent your respective college of medicine and succeed in your courses, and the boards.

Lets just bring an end this played out argument and get back to what is important, our degree in osteopathic medicine. We are all going to be collegues in a few years and have to start acting like it.

I hope this doesn't bring out anymore worthless arguments or flame wars, just one man's opinion... and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Members don't see this ad.

DocRadak said:
Is anybody else sick and tired of hearing people's personal opinions about the correlation between D.O. schools and MCAT scores, the MCAT and Board scores, or anything else that has to do with bashing on people with low-er-than-average MCAT scores? Its getting so old and overblown, its driving me crazy, just let it go.

*sigh* ... yes, I am sick and tired of hearing about the comparison *wink* *wink* to the OP. Smooth move for starting another flame war. Yes, let it go. And no, I personally don't care to pull out my MCAT and compare lengths. :rolleyes:

Actually the MCAT discussions haven't been that prevalent around here.

MD vs. DO
MDA vs. CRNA
US News Rankings
Board scores
Physician salaries
Residency program rankings

All of the above discussions have been discussed WAY more often than MCAT scores at D.O. schools.

There is nothing wrong with discussion and argument. That is one of the many purposes of SDN.

If you don't like it, simply ignore the thread and move on. No one is forcing you to read these discussions.

And despite your protest, these discussions will continue. tkim6599 recently created a poll to see if he should erase threads that bring up the MD vs. DO topic (THE MOST DISCUSSED TOPIC ON HERE). People overwhelmingly voted to leave them up. That's because people have the right to discuss whatever they want and as many times as they want. Sorry.