Tis the season for Giving back?

Started by 2006MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2006MD

Beda hell ker 4 Kalifonya
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've met practitioners (FP, ER) that regularly volunteer their talents at free clinics.
I was wondering if anyone knows of pathologists that help the underserved in a similar manner? Like reading slides for a clinic or something.

Thanks. 😀
 
2006MD said:
I've met practitioners (FP, ER) that regularly volunteer their talents at free clinics.
I was wondering if anyone knows of pathologists that help the underserved in a similar manner? Like reading slides for a clinic or something.

Thanks. 😀

Although not quite the same thing, during my last semester in St. Vincent, I screened cytology cases for the Pathologist there (he had just lost his only cytotech to another job in the U.K.). It only amounted to a couple of hours a week, but since it was my job before medical school, I figured it would be nice to help him out.

I personally don't know of any Pathologists who volunteer their time to read slides...anyone else?
 
I know a pathologist who is going to a country in South-east Asia as part of his sabbatical. My home school has a project of some sort there.

(Not a tsunami-hit country, and the trip was arranged way before Christmas.)