Title on Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should there be a title on the PS?

• Total voters

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should there be a title on the PS?

Members don't see this ad.

Who has the extra words left to add a title?

Members don't see this ad :)
hoberto said:
Who has the extra words left to add a title?

That's what I was thinking. While I don't see anything technically wrong with adding a title if you really wanted to, it basically costs you a sentence you could be using to sell yourself.

I would estimate that <1% of applicants have a title on their personal statement. This is based on having read many hundreds of them over the past few years.

Mine was 2 characters under the limit. The words I used were the most harmonious combinition of consanants and vowels to strike the perfect mood and state of aw amongst the reader. One letter more or less would have ruined it. Therefore, I could not have added a title.

laboholic said:
Mine was 2 characters under the limit. The words I used were the most harmonious combinition of consanants and vowels to strike the perfect mood and state of aw amongst the reader. One letter more or less would have ruined it. Therefore, I could not have added a title.
Mine was 5300 characters on the dot. I have a habit of doing that with my word limits.

i somehow misread the title as "tits on personal statement"

Umm what would your title be? "The story of why I want to become a doctor"? "Reasons why you should let me into medical school"? Haha I bet some ppl can come up with good ones...

diosa428 said:
Umm what would your title be? "The story of why I want to become a doctor"? "Reasons why you should let me into medical school"? Haha I bet some ppl can come up with good ones...

Accept or Die!