****tmdsas 2013****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those already interviewed.

Members don't see this ad.

are you sure? has anybody here received a rejection from houston

Maybe it's only those that have never interviewed? I received a rejection from Houston a couple months back, but I never interviewed here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, no. I misread aznboi's question. I thought he was asking if I had interviewed there already. Yeah, I have interviewed already and haven't received anything. I was just hoping somebody knows when we'll get a response back. It's almost June...

houston will not send out rejections until august

Really? I thought they place a select few on the alternate list and reject the rest of the post-interviewees.

Thought. Or at least I remember Dr. Pierpont saying that, but now I'm beginning to doubt the validity of it.

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could clarify this for me.
If I get accepted off the waitlist for a school and accept the offer, does that mean I can't get accepted by any of the other schools I got waitlisted at?

Hello!

I searched around but couldn't really find a previous question like this: I'm trying to think of what to write for my diversity essay. The first thing that comes to mind is that I was an Anthropology/Archaeology major, and this gave me a unique perspective on medicine. However, my personal statement is entirely about how I got from archaeology to dentistry, and I briefly (about 2 sentences) talk about the perspective that my major gave me. Is it repeating myself too much to talk about this again? I have other things I could piece together into a diversity essay, but this one seems the most organic.

Thanks, guys!

Has UTSD sent out an alternate list yet?

Just called Houston and told me that Committee hasn't made a wait list

Houston rejection (post interview) thru email this morning

finally i can move on

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list as will. Hopefully good news will come soon. Any idea on how the alternate list worked last year?

"The Admissions Committee wishes to inform you that you have been placed on the alternate list for entering class of 2013. Our class is currently deposited to capacity, however should vacancies become available, the position will be filled from this alternate list. We do not require any further action from you at this point in the process."

On the alternate list as well. It's only a miracle at this point on. Oh well.....:rolleyes:

I got waitlisted at Houston today as well....anything is better than being rejected!

I got waitlisted at Houston today as well....anything is better than being rejected!

The rejections will certainly come...just wait till August. VERY RARELY will somebody actually drop a dental school seat.

Waitlisted as well. I wonder how many got waitlisted. I thought Pierpont said very few get waitlisted. And I agree with Expert... I'm not sure if being waitlisted is better than being "non-accepted".

Last edited:
Is there any point in calling in if we're on a waitlist? Or are we just playing the waiting game?

is there any point in calling in if we're on a waitlist? Or are we just playing the waiting game?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE wAIT!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Is there any point in calling in if we're on a waitlist? Or are we just playing the waiting game?

I doubt there's a point in calling. Unlike private, expensive dental schools, Houston knows that we all want it because of its affordability. I want to know the ranking though. I don't like how schools don't disclose that information.

I doubt there's a point in calling. Unlike private, expensive dental schools, Houston knows that we all want it because of its affordability. I want to know the ranking though. I don't like how schools don't disclose that information.

I wonder why houston is waitlisting that many people? 1-2 people getting off the list I can understand, but not like 10 :O

I wonder why houston is waitlisting that many people? 1-2 people getting off the list I can understand, but not like 10 :O

They're probably playing it safe. Should anybody drop then the next best candidate of similar credentials gets in.

I think the majority of people got rejected already, and just don't post on this site. But do you guys really think 10ish people got waitlisted? Shouldn't it be a lot more than 10 b/c a lot of people aren't SDN-ers? I counted and 7 people who posted on this site are waitlisted. I'm not too sure about Expert... he didn't mention anything. But if he were waitlisted as well, it'd make 8. I think they're playing it too safe though. No one is going to give up a Texas acceptance. :(.

Last edited: