*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone accepted. It's definitely a special feeling.

Everyone accepted to SA. We are now called UT Health, not UTHSCSA. Excited to see yall next year in the lounge! Practice your Mario Kart skills, we can't wait to beat you. :highfive:

Good to know...thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

This is my third time applying and I have finally gotten into my number 1 school TAMU! I'm so excited I don't know what to do with my hands

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Ready for the TAMU Facebook page :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No love from Texas so far. Two OOS acceptances though so at least I'll get those letters after my name in a few years :)

Congrats to those who've been accepted in our home land!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
No love from Texas so far. Two OOS acceptances though so at least I'll get those letters after my name in a few years :)

Congrats to those who've been accepted in our home land!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Same here! Got two OOS offers but I'm waiting for TX.... Guess we have to wait till Jan to see ...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I would be able to get into A&M and Houston today (3.93 and 21AA), but unfortunately things didn't roll the way I was hoping. I will have to stay positive though!
For those of you guys haven't heard back today, here's a blog I came across that I found inspiring:http://www.mirrorandexplorer.com/2012/12/dental-school-admissions-d-day.html. She was a former USC dental student and just got into Harvard residency. However, she wasn't always in the best position when she was applying. Hopefully, this sheds some light on this day

Last edited:
So, a houston and ut san antonio facebook was made... and A&M cant make one?!?! Lol

Reactions: 2 users
I thought I would be able to get into A&M and Houston today (3.93 and 21AA), but unfortunately things didn't roll the way I was hoping. I will have to stay positive though!
For those of you guys haven't heard back today, here's a blog I came across that I found inspiring:http://www.mirrorandexplorer.com/2012/12/dental-school-admissions-d-day.html. She was a former USC dental student and just got into Harvard residency. However, she wasn't always in the best position when she was applying. Hopefully, this sheds some light on this day!

Did you get rejections from those schools? Or just radio silence?

Was wondering the same thing myself!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I would say no to the letter of intent at the moment.
Acceptances just sent out this morning, and people have 30 days to respond.
Adcoms are still in the interviewing process. So another letter of intent is just gonna go to the unread pile at this point IMO.

I know it's hard to sit still, but just hold on for a little bit longer.
I have been saying this so many times: If you can't do anything about it, don't worry about it.

Anyone know the date for when second round of acceptances for A&M went out last year?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know the date for when second round of acceptances for A&M went out last year?

Last year A&M accepted quite a bit of people on their first round so their second round came out a couple months later rather than January

Last year A&M accepted quite a bit of people on their first round so their second round came out a couple months later rather than January
I know someone who is IS that was accepted on January 21st.

Anyone know the date for when second round of acceptances for SA went out last year?

Has anyone recieved any mail from the schools yet? Or does anyone know when we can expect to?

Don't panic, yet. The cycle is still early (for acceptances).
Do waitlist or rejections come before Jan 29th? Or is it no word at all until that date?
I just wannnnnna know myyyyyy faaaate

Do waitlist or rejections come before Jan 29th? Or is it no word at all until that date?
I just wannnnnna know myyyyyy faaaate
If you don't have an interview by the last interview date you will get a rejection at the end of January. If you have already been interviewed they will send waitlists and alternate lists after the class has been filled usually late spring.

If you don't have an interview by the last interview date you will get a rejection at the end of January. If you have already been interviewed they will send waitlists and alternate lists after the class has been filled usually late spring.
Even if you had pre-dec interview? shucks thats a long wait

Did anyone receive their official letter from TAMU and was rewarded like some amount of money for their first year?

Does anyone know the remaining interview dates for Houston and Dallas? And when will the final invites be sent out? Only interview so far is San Antonio.

Reactions: 3 users
How big are the scholarships for TAMU if anyone who got one wouldn't mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

How big are the scholarships for TAMU if anyone who got one wouldn't mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I don't know if everyone's amount was the same or not, but I recieved 8k. Not a huge life changing amount, but it definitely made me feel wanted and I really appreciate it. Plus, $8,000 is kind of a game changer to me a little bit haha, it will definitely help with moving costs and furnishing, etc. It kind of makes the school decision a bit easier lol (unless one of the others comes out of nowhere with like a 60k offer ;) )

@Advance , if you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I'd appreciate a specific response, but if you don't want to give one I would also just really appreciate an area (deep ellum, uptown, bishops, etc).

Reactions: 3 users