*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No love from my hometown of SA =( I feel betrayed right now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you don't hear back from TAMU by now then the first round is all out, am I right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to San Antonio, no love from TAMU yet! Might have to change my username lol

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we have to put any money down when we accept for San Antonio? I'm not trying to move too fast but if so I need to start saving like...tomorrow! :laugh:

Does anyone know if we have to put any money down when we accept for San Antonio? I'm not trying to move too fast but if so I need to start saving like...tomorrow! :laugh:
The Texas deposits are quite cheap. A&M is 200$ SA is about 60$. Not sure about Houston.

The Texas deposits are quite cheap. A&M is 200$ SA is about 60$. Not sure about Houston.
I think Houston said none at my interview?

Also A&M :nod: A little bit ago.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone get that TAMU fb page up! Ready to start meeting future classmates!

*My b if that's too anxious lol*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed this past Monday at UTHSCSA hear anything back?

I'm not too sure if they said the committee were gonna meet in the afternoon or next Monday...
Man I thought Dr. Malone said they were going to discuss our interviews after we left so that we may have a chance to hear back on the 1st ☹️ Ah well there's still hope!

Congratulations to everyone who's heard good news already!! For the rest of us, don't forget it's not over yet!! :wacky:

I am so happy to be attending UTHSCSA this summer!!!!!!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all of you guys whom received news today!

Would Texas schools continue to inform applicants throughout the day? or if one has not received a letter of acceptance by now we are to wait until second round?

Congrats to all of you guys whom received news today!

Would Texas schools continue to inform applicants throughout the day? or if one has not received a letter of acceptance by now we are to wait until second round?
Looks like the first round is over for TAMU and UTHSCSA

My a&m interview is next week. Does anyone know if they have a 1 day for 2nd round acceptances or just do it on a rolling basis?

My a&m interview is next week. Does anyone know if they have a 1 day for 2nd round acceptances or just do it on a rolling basis?
Last year I think they had a small 2nd round in January. A&M tends to fill up their class faster than UTSD and SA.

Congrats to everyone accepted. It's definitely a special feeling.

Everyone accepted to SA. We are now called UT Health, not UTHSCSA. Excited to see yall next year in the lounge! Practice your Mario Kart skills, we can't wait to beat you. :highfive:

Congrats to everyone accepted. It's definitely a special feeling.

Everyone accepted to SA. We are now called UT Health, not UTHSCSA. Excited to see yall next year in the lounge! Practice your Mario Kart skills, we can't wait to beat you. :highfive:
Clearly I chose the wrong school lmao.

They changed yalls name too? :laugh:

I got UTSD and UT Health!! Officially have no motivation to study for any more tests

Haven't received any emails....sigh...guess I'll have to wait for Jan..

2 things, 1.) Did you check your junk? 2.) It doesn't look like very many people are replying so far, so it's possible it's a very slow rollout. I only know one other person irl whose been accepted so far

Where is the TAMU facebook thoooo...

Omg, next thing you know, UTSD gonna change their name too.

Not to be insensitive to anyone, but for that with multiple acceptances how on earth are you going to pick between the schools?

Just wondering if Houston will be sending out offers mid Dec or something? I don't want to wait till Jan as I have to place a deposit to secure a spot at another school..

what should people who haven't gotten acceptance first round be doing right now? Call school, letter of intent? anything but wait :(

what should people who haven't gotten acceptance first round be doing right now? Call school, letter of intent? anything but wait :(
Just relax and calm down.
You did all you can. I know it's a little sad that you didnt hear from your top choice on Dec 1st, but there are still other round of acceptances. Give it some time.

Best of luck :)

Just wondering if Houston will be sending out offers mid Dec or something? I don't want to wait till Jan as I have to place a deposit to secure a spot at another school..
I dont think so. Dec1 acceptances have 30 days to respond, so I dont think they will be sending out any other acceptances until Jan/Feb, depend on how many people accept offer too.

Do they also send wait list notifications on 12/1?

Hey everyone!

Congrats all!! It's been a true pleasure riding through the anxiety with you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users