TMDSAS Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDocHopeful

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. Request transcripts from all and any colleges attended where you took coursework. Each transcript you send in will need a transcript request form sent with it. This can be found online and must be filled out properly. Transcripts can take up to several weeks from the time they are sent until the time they are received and processed by TMDSAS.

2. This is up to you. Since it's a requirement for your committee then you have no choice but to wait. You could also utilize the individual letter option. Three letters are required for that with an option to send in an additional letter. It's best to utilize a committee if you go to a school that offers one; having the letters in by late July is fine just make sure everything else is ready to go.

3. Try to practice patience. The other two letters will eventually make their way to hpac.

4. Definitely! You can pre-write them or at least brainstorm ideas. Look at pass threads to get prompts as they hardly change from year to year. No other paperwork needed.

5. I think you're speaking on submitting early in order to get processed and transmitted to schools. You should be fine if you submit this month or next. However, July is peak time and could take about a month to process your app. Processing times start to decrease as you approach August though.

Lastly, post any other questions in the TMDSAS thread.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
1. Request transcripts from all and any colleges attended where you took coursework. Each transcript you send in will need a transcript request form sent with it. This can be found online and must be filled out properly. Transcripts can take up to several weeks from the time they are sent until the time they are received and processed by TMDSAS.

2. This is up to you. Since it's a requirement for your committee then you have no choice but to wait. You could also utilize the individual letter option. Three letters are required for that with an option to send in an additional letter. It's best to utilize a committee if you go to a school that offers one; having the letters in by late July is fine just make sure everything else is ready to go.

3. Try to practice patience. The other two letters will eventually make their way to hpac.

4. Definitely! You can pre-write them or at least brainstorm ideas. Look at pass threads to get prompts as they hardly change from year to year. No other paperwork needed.

5. I think you're speaking on submitting early in order to get processed and transmitted to schools. You should be fine if you submit this month or next. However, July is peak time and could take about a month to process your app. Processing times start to decrease as you approach August though.

Lastly, post any other questions in the TMDSAS thread.

Good luck

1. So when I request a transcript, how exactly does it get sent to TMDSAS? Do I request it to myself and then upload on TMDSAS? Or is there some address that I have to forward it to. Also, does the transcript envelope need to be sealed?

2. Would you recommend that I just submit everything excluding the letters after receiving my MCAT score? And then I just add submit the committee letter once it's complete in late July?

3. So for secondaries, when should I get those in? At early July when I submit everything - letters? Or end of July, once my whole application is complete.

4. Would you recommend me to submit an early application for processing even before I get my MCAT in early July?

Members don't see this ad :)
1. So when I request a transcript, how exactly does it get sent to TMDSAS? Do I request it to myself and then upload on TMDSAS? Or is there some address that I have to forward it to. Also, does the transcript envelope need to be sealed?

2. Would you recommend that I just submit everything excluding the letters after receiving my MCAT score? And then I just add submit the committee letter once it's complete in late July?

3. So for secondaries, when should I get those in? At early July when I submit everything - letters? Or end of July, once my whole application is complete.

4. Would you recommend me to submit an early application for processing even before I get my MCAT in early July?
1. The school mails it out directly to TMDSAS along with the form attached. Of course it is sealed; it's an official document and they won't accept it if it isn't.

2. Yes, I would recommend submitting even without the letters so it can put your app in line for processing. Once your committee is done it shouldn't take long form them to upload the letters.

3. That's not how it works. You won't get secondaries until your primary app is processed and transmitted; then you will get invited by each school to complete a secondary. The only two TMDSAS schools I know of that have their secondary online and don't require being invited to fill out are UT Southwestern and Texas A&M. Keep in mind though that your app would still not be complete until after they receive both primary and secondary apps for these two schools.

4. This may sound strange but I can and can't recommemd. I had my mcat score by the time it was ready to press submit and felt most comfotable doing it that way. But, I took my mcat in May so there's that as well. You could also wait until you take it first and get a feel of how you might have done and submit it then. If you're applying too oos schools or Baylor via AMCAS, then I would wait for your mcat as a July 1st submission is still on time for AMCAS.

So I'm applying this cycle using the TMDSAS application. I am signed up for the June 1st MCAT (it'll be my first attempt). I know it's kind of late, but it was the earliest I could do due to my circumstances. I've got my primaries written and revised and have also put in all of my coursework.

I have yet to send in transcripts. (1) How do I go about getting those sent in? Also, the way my committee works is they will only hold the committee hearing once they get my MCAT (which won't be until early July). At that point, they may or may not take up to 3 weeks to write out the committee letter. (2) What is my best option here? Do I forego the committee letter in order to submit earlier? Is the committee letter worth delaying the submission of my application to late July? (3) I've got 3/5 of my letters submitted to HPAC. Just waiting on two more letters that should be in by mid-June. (4) What should I do after taking my MCAT? Should I start writing secondaries? Do I need to take care of any other paperwork? (5) I have heard of people sending in their application just to get their transcripts verified. How should I go about doing this? Is it even worth doing this?

I'd appreciate any advice. I'm just so lost.

As for the transcripts, you should really read TMDSAS's handbook where all of this is spelled out. There is a form involved. Done with #1

As someone who just went through the cycle, I can honestly tell you to just DITCH HPAC. It's the most useless service provided by undergrad college who simply don't have any real reason to be reviewing your application and are generally somewhat removed from the process of applying. So 2 and 3 are answered here.

4: If you feel confident after MCAT, submit the app and work on secondaries. If you don't, wait till score and decide whether you feel confident enough to apply or not after you get your score back.

5. Read the TMDSAS handbook.

6. Jai Hind.

Reactions: 1 users
As for the transcripts, you should really read TMDSAS's handbook where all of this is spelled out. There is a form involved. Done with #1

As someone who just went through the cycle, I can honestly tell you to just DITCH HPAC. It's the most useless service provided by undergrad college who simply don't have any real reason to be reviewing your application and are generally somewhat removed from the process of applying. So 2 and 3 are answered here.

4: If you feel confident after MCAT, submit the app and work on secondaries. If you don't, wait till score and decide whether you feel confident enough to apply or not after you get your score back.

5. Read the TMDSAS handbook.

6. Jai Hind.
Hpac is definitely overrated and a waste of time in my opinion.

Hpac is definitely overrated and a waste of time in my opinion.
Yeah. I went to a huge texas state school and was amazed by this "committee" which prides itself on cover letters when in reality, their criteria to rank applicants is totally misinformed and can actually mess with people's overall files.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. I went to a huge texas state school and was amazed by this "committee" which prides itself on cover letters when in reality, their criteria to rank applicants is totally misinformed and can actually mess with people's overall files.

I've heard the same. I've actually heard that sometimes, they actual hurt your application more than help it. But on the other token, I've heard that Adcoms don't like it if you don't have a committee letter if you came from a school that has a committee. I don't know what I should do. Waiting for a committee letter will definitely delay my application by up to a month.

I've heard the same. I've actually heard that sometimes, they actual hurt your application more than help it. But on the other token, I've heard that Adcoms don't like it if you don't have a committee letter if you came from a school that has a committee. I don't know what I should do. Waiting for a committee letter will definitely delay my application by up to a month.
Yeah. I had the same thing told to me. Don't sweat it and just move on. You'll waste loads of time.

Is it a rule that every medical school in the TMDSAS require only 10% of incoming class to be non-resident? Thanks.

Is it a rule that every medical school in the TMDSAS require only 10% of incoming class to be non-resident? Thanks.
Yes. Only a MAXIMUM of 10% non-residents can matriculate. Any TMDSAS school could accept 0% non-residents if they wanted to.