TMDSAS LOR concerns...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atomi

Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
TMDSAS says the following...

If not currently attending school for over one year and are currently employed or in military service :

1 evaluation letter from your immediate supervisor or business associate (if self employed) + 1 evaluation letter from a current or former professor

Umm, what if I don't want to tell my immediate supervisor that I am applying to medical school? I am not sure I am going to go and I don't want him to think I'm not taking my job/career (which is in a different industry than medicine) seriously and trying to jump ship.

I don't know what to do about this, can anyone advise?

Also, is it too late to be submitting the TMDSAS primary this week as an OOS applicant? Maybe this question is moot because I have missed the boat. Thanks!

Do you have multiple former professors you can go back to for the LORs? If so, I would just apply as a normal applicant. I'm not sure a supervisor letter is a requirement from TMDSAS if you are out of school or just a suggestion if you are no longer in contact with your former professors. Best to ignore me and ask them.

What are you going to do if you get accepted to medical school? How is your supervisor going to find out? Are you going to quit the military, or will your service be up?

If your commitment is up, is your supervisor really going to care if you're trying to work on your future?

Members don't see this ad :)
-

Last edited:
Sorry, I thought you said you were current military.

I can't really help you much because I did get a letter from my supervisor. I would send in letters from professors just like you were a current student. I think that you can use a current supervisor instead of old professors just because some people might be 5+ years out of college and the professor letters would no longer be useful or even available. I only hope it's out of convenience for the applicant instead of some strict requirement for the school.