TMDSAS rank help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medwoman

Reaction score
I know it's still early, but I'm trying to get as much information as possibly. This is a big decision so I'd really appreciate everyone's input/thoughts

I live in Dallas, prematched with TCOM and interviewed with Dell and McGovern.

Dell: It was my first interview and I REALLY enjoyed it. Having a small class and living in Austin would be cool. My concerns are it being new, not having as many hospitals for rotations, and the curriculum. Not sure if I like not having traditional lectures though (if someone knows more about this please share, I don't have much info on this). Although, true P/F the first (and only) preclinical year.

McGovern: Don't love the thought of living in Houston. Students in the interview said commute is a hassle. P/F only the first semester. But great reputation, and TMC!!!

TCOM: I love the thought of living in Fort Worth and being an hour away from home where I can visit on the weekends. It's a great area and pretty good reputation. P/F first 2 years. Also super cheap tuition. Downside: DO. Don't think I'd want to go into a crazy competitive specialty but that could definitely change so I can't rely on that.

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Based on what you've said:
1. Dell: their recent match list shows that they're well-respected already and their students are succeeding in the curriculum + you like the location/vibe
2. McGovern: MD > DO if you want to have a stronger chance at matching into possibly something competitive in the future, TMC
3. TCOM: solid choice (and the confidence of having a prematch) that you seem to think you'll enjoy as well! + close to home