To all 4th year pharmacy school students

Started by orgoishard
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orgoishard

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I heard from a pre-pharm student that by the time you guys reach year 4, recruiters from hospitals and retail chains will start to recruit you guys. Is that true? If so, will they continue to recruit pharmacy students even in bad economic times? thanks.
 
we have career fairs but it's not like they're calling us at home.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I heard from a pre-pharm student that by the time you guys reach year 4, recruiters from hospitals and retail chains will start to recruit you guys. Is that true? If so, will they continue to recruit pharmacy students even in bad economic times? thanks.

A few of my friends got recruit offers in P3 year already. My best friend's girlfriend just got a letter offering her $110K to work somewhere in Kentucky.

My girlfriend said Kroger still offer a sign-on bonus of $5K/year for each year you worked for them during pharmacy school.

At the pharmacy career fairs back in the fall, many companies offered on-site job interview, like they did always before. LOL. :meanie:

So all the doom and gloom hasn't reached columbus, OH yet.
 
i also heard that they only offer sign on bonus for students who are willing to work the graveyard shift and at rural area...so is that true? lol. i dont mind working anywhere, its just the fear of not finding a job after graduation.
 
I haven't heard any of that but honestly I haven't been paying attention. My understanding is no sign-on bonuses in our city, but it's always pretty saturated here because of the school.

I'm doing a residency so I didn't bother going to our spring career fair and the fall one I only went to what was required.
 
i also heard that they only offer sign on bonus for students who are willing to work the graveyard shift and at rural area...so is that true? lol. i dont mind working anywhere, its just the fear of not finding a job after graduation.

I would think if you are fresh out of the pharmacy school and go work for a major chain, you are probably only going to get to pick from the shifts others don't want...then you do the same to next year's grads, and the year after. 🙂
 
They won't just call you out of the blue, but if you go to a career fair and schmooze a lot, you'll definitely get calls/interviews. I ended up with 3 interviews and 2 unsolicited "come work for us" calls right after the career fair.