To all Navy corpsman and Army medics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingneptune

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For my first post on the forums is to all veterans. Thanks for your service and I respect everything you've guys done and the knowledge you guys offer is greatly appreciated, so keep them coming.

So my question is how is Corpsman/Medic life? How did your journey to become a doctor begin? I actually want to hear your whole story. Any life lessons/tips/advice? Did you find it helpful being a veteran when applying to medical schools? I'm planning to join the military as either a corpsman or medic to jump start my medical career. You guys have really motivated me to do things that I thought were impossible, thanks for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want to be a medic or a physician?

There are a lot better ways to get clinical experience (CNA, EMT, Scribe) rather than signing your life away to the .mil.

Rather than typing out a detailed response, ill just say that the mil med life is not like it seems on TV (especially with OIF being over and OEF winding down) and its not worth the minor boost you get in med school admissions if becoming a doctor is your ultimate goal.