To all the "guests"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Register your account! It is free and you can come and post all you want. Don't be shy, we are harmless!

All the "guests" are like the people who go to surg path conferences and sit in the back or on the side so no one notices them. :oops: Embrace your inner nerd!

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
Register your account! It is free and you can come and post all you want. Don't be shy, we are harmless!

All the "guests" are like the people who go to surg path conferences and sit in the back or on the side so no one notices them. :oops: Embrace your inner nerd!
dude, i doubt all the PDs and department chairs are gonna register and come out to play with us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, I had a close friend who was called out on some comments she posted by a faculty member in the department she was going to go into...and I've walked into a few faculty offices and found them lurking on various message boards (not this one though)

you laugh now yaah...but the UCLA PD is aware of this website I believe. Seriously, a bunch of cool dudes and dudettes posting their rank lists...PD's gotta know about this!

and the stanford residents are big on this website too cuz they asked me at the interview, "so what have you heard about our program online?" i'm like, "i don't know that ****. i'm keepin' it real. real dumb."

Pingu said:
I don't know, I had a close friend who was called out on some comments she posted by a faculty member in the department she was going to go into...and I've walked into a few faculty offices and found them lurking on various message boards (not this one though)

Scarry! And very weird that an attending would have any interest in our (Andy's) ramblings.

I know of some specific pharm schools that watch my boards. I guarantee you that there are a few schools whose representatives will be visiting path over the next few days. Usually it won't be the PD, but an appointed staff member. We actually chat with a medical school staff member quite often. ;)

jeff2005 said:
Scarry! And very weird that an attending would have any interest in our Andy's) ramblings.
what? what was that jeff?

if PDs and chairs ever found out who i am (and based on posts that i have made in the various different forums, i think it is very easy to identify who i am), andy will be scrambling on match day.

AndyMilonakis said:
what? what was that jeff?

if PDs and chairs ever found out who i am (and based on posts that i have made in the various different forums, i think it is very easy to identify who i am), andy will be scrambling on match day.
What are you talking about, dude?

You know what? If they did see anything they would probably enjoy seeing that people like to have fun. Life is not about keeping quiet. It's not like we're dealing drugs here or plotting to overthrow the government.

Members don't see this ad :)
and based on posts that i have made in the various different forums, i think it is very easy to identify who i am

WHAT! You mean we're not ALL short korean MD/Ph.Ds?

You've shaken my belief system to the core :laugh:

Pingu said:

You've shaken my belief system to the core :laugh:
seriously though, i've leaked so much information on the MSTP forum, I've had a few people PM me and say, "oh you're ________ _______ aren't you?"

Pingu said:
waitaminute...how do you know this stuff about me? :eek:

everybody's out to get me! aaaahhhh!

See y'all, I told you that I want to be anonymous, and now you see why...

It would suck to end up at my #8 program and have them aware that I ranked them #8. I want whatever program I end up at to think I'm in it 100%.

yaah said:
Caffeinegirl has been purged.

Continue with your banter as before.

:)

Purged...moi?
Voila!

Attachments

• 4sos-gunner.jpg
    4sos-gunner.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 46
how do you know this stuff about me?

I'm secretly a PD...I hired a private detective to track and follow you...Thank goodness my black helicopters are discreet...you suspected NOTHING (insert evil laugh here) :p

Pingu said:
I'm secretly a PD...I hired a private detective to track and follow you...Thank goodness my black helicopters are discreet...you suspected NOTHING (insert evil laugh here) :p
please tell me you're kidding.

please tell me you're kidding

The evil laugh didn't tip you off?

or the smilie with the tongue stuck out?

Sheesh

and as this application season is nearing its eventual conclusion...the SDN path forum turns over a new page in the Book of Virchow. and in several months, alas, a new cycle shall begin with a new collection of bushy-eyed posters...

Yaah, as a recently-reformed guest, and an incorrigible introvert, thank you for making me feel welcome!

It was wonderful to see the newly registered guests in SDN path last night. We hope to see more of you in the days, months, maybe years (ok that's pushing it) to come. :thumbup:

AndyMilonakis said:
It was wonderful to see the newly registered guests in SDN path last night. We hope to see more of you in the days, months, maybe years (ok that's pushing it) to come. :thumbup:

Yes yes - we need more future pathologists! Best field there is!

yaah said:
I am eyeing the interviews 2004-5 thread very intently.
I don't remember being the one to request that hread stickied, but I have a short memory. So just in case it was me - go ahead, wave your magic mod wand and make it vanish. We can always retrieve it for next (this?) year.

we kept the 2003 thread here throughout this year so let's just keep the 2004 thread up for the next batch of applicants who will soon be starting to think about going through the crap we're going through now :)