To All The U. Miami Med Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theprizefighter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heya,

How are you guys riding out Hurricane Frances?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in Tampa and we are just about to get it here. What's dumb is that we had class canceled Friday. What a joke, it was sunny all day. And now we have to make it up later. Grrrr

Well, it's kinda windy and rainy here but nothing even remotely life-threatening. The best part is that we were excused from any clerkship responsibilities for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (I was on call Monday night). So my Ob-Gyn shelf grade may be saved after all! I've spent today curled up in my room studying and watching college football. Couldn't ask for a better weekend!

Thanks for asking, by the way :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, is this hurricane affecting South Beach at all? I have a classmate who just started her away elective down there.

Yeah, the Hurricane warnings affected everyone east of US1. I live on the bay and was forced to evacuate (they shut off the power and AC in my building). South Beach was shut out to all non-residents...I heard the cops were only allowing people in who had their Sobe address on their license.

We didn't get anything down here besides some wind, didn't even rain that much. I'm glad I didn't flee to Naples like some of my friends, what a hassle getting back.

I went to a hurricane party last night in the grove, which was a lot of fun. That's about it.

Ditto, stayed at home, studied a little and watched a lot of College Football.

GO CANES!!!