To allow for immediate processing or hold for new DAT scores to come in?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drteeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am retaking the DAT on Aug. 23rd and I just received an email from UF today explaining that they have received my application and that I have the option of either giving them approval to review the application immediately, or put it on hold until I have my new scores.
With that said, my question is whether or not you guys think its beneficial to wait another month until my new and hopefully better scores come in? Or should I take advantage of the early application and give them the go ahead to review?

My stats are low - GPA 3.03 and DAT 18/19/19. I am shooting for 20s on my 2nd DAT..

Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I think a higher DAT score is much, much more beneficial than a 4-week advantage. I say tell them to hold off until your 2nd DAT if you're confident you're going to improve on the 2nd go-around. I don't know much about UF or how quickly they fill the class, but I know I wouldn't want to get rejected before taking the DAT the 2nd time!

Good luck!

definitely take the DAT again before you go under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am retaking the DAT on Aug. 23rd and I just received an email from UF today explaining that they have received my application and that I have the option of either giving them approval to review the application immediately, or put it on hold until I have my new scores.
With that said, my question is whether or not you guys think its beneficial to wait another month until my new and hopefully better scores come in? Or should I take advantage of the early application and give them the go ahead to review?

My stats are low - GPA 3.03 and DAT 18/19/19. I am shooting for 20s on my 2nd DAT..

Thanks for any advice!

Hey, did you indicate on your app that you were retaking the DAT, or did they tell you to retake it? Did they send you the link telling you to fill out the supplemental yet? Thanks. I'm just trying to gauge how far along I am in their review process.

Hey, did you indicate on your app that you were retaking the DAT, or did they tell you to retake it? Did they send you the link telling you to fill out the supplemental yet? Thanks. I'm just trying to gauge how far along I am in their review process.

I indicated on my aadsas application that I expect to retake the exam in August. It is their policy to confirm before reviewing the application. I did not get a link about a supplemental....

Ive definitely decided to retake the DAT first...hopefully Ill improve!!!

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for the advice!

I indicated on my aadsas application that I expect to retake the exam in August. It is their policy to confirm before reviewing the application. I did not get a link about a supplemental....

Ive definitely decided to retake the DAT first...hopefully Ill improve!!!

Best of luck to everyone and thanks for the advice!

Thanks! Good luck on you DAT!

I agree, it's not worth it for them to just judge you on a low gpa, give them something to look at, so wait for your new DAT scores. Good luck!