To: Any PCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to PCOM and its new Atlanta branch campus, and was wondering what you guys did about your LOR.

PCOM states: "Applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation from the premedical committee or premedical advisor of the undergraduate college that grants or will grant a bachelor's degree, regardless of your academic major, course of study or graduation."

This is a bit confusing for me. I am a psych major, thus in the Liberal Arts college. However, the premed advisors are not part of any academic college that I am aware of and, if they are, would be part of science and math anyways.

Does this mean I need to get a letter from my academic advisor? Or will my premed advisor still suffice?

Members don't see this ad.

JKDMed said:
I'm applying to PCOM and its new Atlanta branch campus, and was wondering what you guys did about your LOR.

PCOM states: "Applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation from the premedical committee or premedical advisor of the undergraduate college that grants or will grant a bachelor's degree, regardless of your academic major, course of study or graduation."

This is a bit confusing for me. I am a psych major, thus in the Liberal Arts college. However, the premed advisors are not part of any academic college that I am aware of and, if they are, would be part of science and math anyways.

Does this mean I need to get a letter from my academic advisor? Or will my premed advisor still suffice?

Just from reading what you wrote I am betting a premed comittee is cool enough since some schools only write a LOR based on collected letters and most other majors don't have a commitee like that.

You can always call them at PCOM too.

Of course if your advisor is like mine.....then she wouldn't remember you from a hole in the wall...other than look at your transcrpits and say...good job you should be fine... :rolleyes:

I should have noted, I don't have a premed commitee. I'm gonna email the advisor and ask her if she has had any PCOM students apply and what they did before I waste my time calling PCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)