To Buy Or Not to Buy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know...what are your opinions on buying examcrackers 1001 questions in bio chem and physics books???? Are those helpful? Are those questions similar to exam style questions???

1001 questions is a lot...I'm guessin if you can go through all that and understand each question and the logic...that will get you to go a long way in advancing your score on the mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

i just got the ek book this sunday for gchem
and OH MY GAWD WHY DID I BUY KAPLAN BOOKS
its so purty and so nice
i wish i had a extra week till the mcat but im on ch 3/7 so i want to do it before saturday
bc god i finally understand quantum numbers!!
but um dont buy it if ur taking the test this saturday
unless u feel hopeless like me and think that reading it friday will calm u down

I really liked the Biology 1001. It's divided into nine chapters, each chapter tests you on a specific topic (genetics, physiology, etc.). The questions are in passage form with some discretes thrown into the mix, just like a real bio section would, and they are well written. The Chemistry and Physics 1001 books are good as well, and anyone who goes through these and understands every problem will know more chemistry and physics than they ever have before. But as far as MCAT practice goes, it may not be the best way to spend time preparing.

Bottom line: everyone studying for the MCAT can benefit from the Bio book, but only those who feel especially deficient in chemistry and/or physics will find the latter useful

I've done 800+of the chem questions. I feel that it has done a lot to clear up my understanding on various topics. I still have weak points but these books are awesome. I'll be working on more of the physics questions this afternoon. Unfortunately I've misplaced my bio book.

Okay, an hour and a half after my previous post on the subject (I believe I was on about #860 then) I have officially completed all 1001 Questions in MCAT Chemistry from ExamKrackers. What impact it will have on my MCAT score has yet to be seen (I haven't taken many practice exams, and none since doing these questions). But I feel that it really clarified a lot of details and relationships and theories, etc. It took me probably 1001 minutes or more of actual working time, so that is more than 16 hours. Off to physics now. Sure wish I could have started on these books earlier!