To late to add schools??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mixmaster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have applied to 1 DO school (CCOM) and I have not received any love from the MD's I was wondering if it was too late to apply to any more DO schools. Has anyone applied after the initial app. I know it is not as easy as adding schools in the AMCAS app. Do you think it is too late?
thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Schools have deadlines coming up but it is not too late to apply to additional schools. The key is that you already have your AACOMAS app done and all you need to do is write them with the additional schools that you want to have your app sent to and send in the additional money.

Deadlines:

December 1 : Michigan
January 2: AZCOM, CCOM, UNECOM, WVCOM
January 6: OHIO
January 15: NOVA, COMP,OSUCOM
February 1: DMU, UHS, Pikeville, KCOM, LECOM, New Jersey, NY, PCOM
February 15: TUCOM

Don't know about EVCOM since they just started applications a few weeks ago.

I would hurry up.

Your situation isn't that great...applying this late and scrambling.

The Adcoms will pick up on that.

You may have to wait it out a year and convince them you want to be a DO.

But just because you can't get into an MD school doesn't mean DO schools will snag you.

Doesn't work like that, my friend.

If I remember correctly EVCOM said they are taking apps till March.

I'd wait a year if I were you. DO is not a "backup" plan in any way. If you do get interviews nearly everyone you run across will nail you with ton's of questions making sure you know what osteopathic medicine is and why you want to be DO specifically.