Is it too late to apply to DO schools at Late-October

Started by Yamiyeet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yamiyeet

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a Michigan resident and I have a 3.5 GPA, MCAT: 501, and decent ECs. I would be applying to about 15 schools but I really want to get into schools like MSUCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, and maybe schools like NOVA and VCOM. If I finish most of my applications by the end of October will my application still be considered normal or will it be dead on arrival/ so late that I won't get any interviews?
 
Late October is not late for DO schools. With a 501 MCAT you are not competitive for some DO schools. I suggest these:
MSUCOM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
WCU-COM
 
Thank you for the reply @Faha

Would you say I am a competitive applicant to these schools? Do you think I could expect some interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would have advised applying well earlier considering your MCAT score but you should have a chance to receive some interviews. I would prepare a back-up plan for applying earlier next cycle IF this one doesn't pan out.
I know you're right, I really was planning on applying earlier but time just flew by so fast and now her I am, I'm just hoping I can salvage my application. Im wishing MSUCOM shows me some love.
 
I am a Michigan resident and I have a 3.5 GPA, MCAT: 501, and decent ECs. I would be applying to about 15 schools but I really want to get into schools like MSUCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, and maybe schools like NOVA and VCOM. If I finish most of my applications by the end of October will my application still be considered normal or will it be dead on arrival/ so late that I won't get any interviews?
Nope, not late.