Is it too late to apply to DO schools at Late-October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yamiyeet

Reaction score
I am a Michigan resident and I have a 3.5 GPA, MCAT: 501, and decent ECs. I would be applying to about 15 schools but I really want to get into schools like MSUCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, and maybe schools like NOVA and VCOM. If I finish most of my applications by the end of October will my application still be considered normal or will it be dead on arrival/ so late that I won't get any interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Late October is not late for DO schools. With a 501 MCAT you are not competitive for some DO schools. I suggest these:
MSUCOM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
TUNCOM
WCU-COM

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the reply @Faha

Would you say I am a competitive applicant to these schools? Do you think I could expect some interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you again! this helps gives me some piece of mind. I have been stressing over this haha.

I would have advised applying well earlier considering your MCAT score but you should have a chance to receive some interviews. I would prepare a back-up plan for applying earlier next cycle IF this one doesn't pan out.

I would have advised applying well earlier considering your MCAT score but you should have a chance to receive some interviews. I would prepare a back-up plan for applying earlier next cycle IF this one doesn't pan out.
I know you're right, I really was planning on applying earlier but time just flew by so fast and now her I am, I'm just hoping I can salvage my application. Im wishing MSUCOM shows me some love.

I am a Michigan resident and I have a 3.5 GPA, MCAT: 501, and decent ECs. I would be applying to about 15 schools but I really want to get into schools like MSUCOM, MUCOM, LECOM, PCOM, and maybe schools like NOVA and VCOM. If I finish most of my applications by the end of October will my application still be considered normal or will it be dead on arrival/ so late that I won't get any interviews?
Nope, not late.