To re-schedule or to not re-schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whooooopwhoop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've read countless times to go through destroyer 2x before taking the DAT. I am 2/3 way done with my first time through, don't have Ochem reactions fully memorized yet, and am in the process of memorizing Bio notes. My test is in 3 weeks.
I can study full time until then, but I was hoping to be taking full length practice tests 2 weeks out. I really need a high score to offset my low GPA and to help me get into SMPs. Should I postpone by 2-3 weeks? Or is this just normal pre-test nerves? I will have a full time course load starting mid-Jan so studying in the Spring semester will be difficult.

PewPew23, it's is quite normal to have pre-test nerves all students do. From what you have stated it sounds like you might need some more study time. The best advice I can ever give a student is to not take the exam until they feel fully prepared. You have also stated you need a high DAT score to offset your low "GPA" so it is even more important that you go in feeling confident and prepared. Listen to your own voice as your test date approaches and if you have doubt it's probably best to reschedule.

Hope that helps and good luck in your studies and on the DAT

Nancy

I've read countless times to go through destroyer 2x before taking the DAT. I am 2/3 way done with my first time through, don't have Ochem reactions fully memorized yet, and am in the process of memorizing Bio notes. My test is in 3 weeks.
I can study full time until then, but I was hoping to be taking full length practice tests 2 weeks out. I really need a high score to offset my low GPA and to help me get into SMPs. Should I postpone by 2-3 weeks? Or is this just normal pre-test nerves? I will have a full time course load starting mid-Jan so studying in the Spring semester will be difficult.

we are all human and we all have pre-test nerves.. i went through destroyer once before finishing studying for everything and it was a mess.. i studied a lot and then around 1 week before my test i went over it in DETAILS! it was great practice! if you are too stressed, take a day off and get some ice cream!

Reactions: 1 user
we are all human and we all have pre-test nerves.. i went through destroyer once before finishing studying for everything and it was a mess.. i studied a lot and then around 1 week before my test i went over it in DETAILS! it was great practice! if you are too stressed, take a day off and get some ice cream!
I like your response 7amsho, take a day off is always a good thing to do from time to time, need to recharge the batteries and look at things from a fresh start, being overly tired can make one counter productive, and anytime is a good time for ice cream..

Members don't see this ad :)
Like Nancy said, take it when you feel ready and confident. You are under a lot of pressure during the test, so having a clear mind is important in doing your best. My friend (who has taken the PCAT and scored 90th percentile) and I both agree that there is a time in your studies that you will just want to take the test and get it over with. Again, listen to everyone's advice, but what you feel inside is what is most important. No one else will be taking that test except for you! Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am in a similar boat as you, except i haven't started destroyer yet but have done some bootcamp tests and am still 2/3 into reviewing material. I am postponing my test which is in less than two weeks....im taking it the second time so i have to do really good. I have a competitive gpa but poor dat (17) from working full time along studying

You will feel most confident and at peace when you know you have done your best....and also make sure to think that you don't want to have to wait three whole months to take this test again because of a non-satisfactory score

keep working hard and I'm sure you will ace it! :) two weeks can make a huge difference