To retake or not to retake...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wormy912

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP! Should I retake my intro to bio class because I got a B- ? I know some schools calculate BCP and I don't want that to be low. I think I can get an A the second time around but I was wondering if the schools look at classes that we have retaken ? Is the semester class worth retaking just to go from a B- to an A? PLEASE HELP I start school VERY soon

Members don't see this ad.

HELP! Should I retake my intro to bio class because I got a B- ? I know some schools calculate BCP and I don't want that to be low. I think I can get an A the second time around but I was wondering if the schools look at classes that we have retaken ? Is the semester class worth retaking just to go from a B- to an A? PLEASE HELP I start school VERY soon
Will the school even allow you to retake the class with that grade? At my university you can only retake a class with a D+ or lower.

Will the school even allow you to retake the class with that grade? At my university you can only retake a class with a D+ or lower.
My school lets you retake it as long as you didn't get an A in it.
If it's an intro bio class, I take it that you're a sophomore? I don't really think you need to. It's only B-. As long as you can do well in the rest of your classes and show upward trend, I think you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thabk you! Also do schools look at classes that we have retaken and take them into consideration ?

Ok thabk you! Also do schools look at classes that we have retaken and take them into consideration ?
On some supplementals I have filled out they do ask to provide grades for repeated classes as well.

Are you from Canada?

Reactions: 1 user
The grades would be avged together if you did a retake so while it helps it's not necessarily the best way to invest your time!

I wouldn't.
B's are okay as long as that's not ALL you make. Don't stress! It happens to the best of us!
Focus on your other classes and do well, but don't worry too much.